Summer 2019 Cookbook PreviewsJune 11, 2019 by Jenny
For those of us who feel as if we just decked our halls with boughs of holly, it’s frightening to realize how quickly six months have passed. June and July are slower months in the publishing world but we still have a few great books to look forward to before August begins the madness that is Cookbooktober. For a peek at what the rest of the year has to offer see our 2019 preview post.
- Saffron in the Souks: Vibrant Recipes from the Heart of Lebanon by John Gregory-Smith explores the cuisine of Lebanon from both a home cook aspect and tempting street food. As typical with Gregory-Smith’s titles this book is a gift with stunning photographs and inspirational recipes.
- Jude’s: A Celebration of Ice Cream in 100 Recipes by Chow Mezger and Alex Mezger shares recipes for classic and more unusual ice-cream flavors as well as sorbets and vegan options. This photo-filled cookbook then shares ice-cream desserts and celebration recipes, decadent desserts, sundaes, shakes and cocktails give inspiration for allhours entertaining. Toppings are showcased, with sauces, chunky honeycomb, homemade waffle cones, marshmallows and salted pecan brittle to adorn your creations.
- Vegetarian 101 Recipes by Alice Hart is an EYBD title. For more information on this book and to enter our giveaway see our promotion post.
- Gloriously Gluten Free by Frederique Jules is an EYBD title. For more information and to enter our giveaway please see our promotion post.
- The Peach Truck Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes for All Things Peach by Stephen K. and Jessica N. Rose shares peachy dishes from breakfast to dessert. The authors cofounded The Peach Truck which delivers Georgia peaches around the country. Fried chicken and waffles, Lemon peach pound cake and a Peach basil spritzer are just a few of the recipes that will be headed for my table soon. Now I just need some Georgia peaches! Events
- Fish: The Lake-to-Kitchen Cookbook by Jon Wipfli is an EYBD title. For more information and to enter our giveaway please see our promotion post.
- Sushi Master: An Expert Guide to Sourcing, Making and Enjoying Sushi at Home by Nick Sakagami is an EYBD title. For more information and to enter our giveaway please see our promotion post.
- Andalusia: Recipes from Seville and Beyond by José Pizarro is an EYBD title being released in the US in June. For more information and to enter our giveaway please see our promotion post.
- Rice. Noodles. Yum.: Everyone’s Favorite Southeast Asian Dishes by Abigail Raines is a title I am obsessed with this month. The recipes here include Fried pork balls wrapped in noodles, Crispy noodles in sweet and sour sauce, and Japanese-style spicy fried rice and I want to make them all!
- Milk & Cardamom: Spectacular Cakes, Custards and More, Inspired by the Flavors of India by Hetal Vasavada is a delicious collection of desserts. With recipes for Bourbon biscuits, Kopra Pak macaroons, and Pomegranate curd brownies, bakers will rejoice in the selection of offerings.
- The Chilango Burrito Bible by Eric Partaker (May UK release; July US) shares an explosion of colorful dishes served at the London eatery. The restaurant is not a stickler for tradition. They are always experimenting with new flavors and combinations. I want to make every recipe in this book from the Chilango fried chicken to the S’murros with chocolate chili sauce. I have a feeling I’ll be doing a load of rolling in the months to come. Absolutely ga-ga over this book!
- Dappled: Baking Recipes for Fruit Lovers by Nicole Rucker is a stunner of dessert recipes that bakers will flip over. Recipes include Tomato pudding, Sour lemon cakes (making for a special friend this week) to Honey glazed strawberry pie. Nicole is the chef and owner of Los Angeles’ Fiona restaurant and has an impressive resume. I am impressed and gobsmacked by this gorgeous book.
I hope to get to the library to find out more about these titles before our monthly cookbook reviews:
Provence: The Cookbook: Recipes from the French Mediterranean by Caroline Rimbert Craig
- Son of a Southern Chef: Cook with Soul by Lazarus Lynch
We Are La Cocina: Recipes in Pursuit of the American Dream by Caleb Zigas and Leticia Landa
- Ainsley’s Caribbean Kitchen: Delicious, Feelgood Cooking From the Sunshine Islands by Ainsley Harriott
- Every Day is Saturday: Recipes + Strategies for Easy Cooking, Every Day of the Week by Sarah Copeland
- Sardine: Simple Seasonal Provencal Cooking by Alex Jackson See also Provençal
- Mandalay: Recipes and Tales from a Burmese Kitchen by MiMi Aye (June 2019 UK; August 2019 US)
- Midnight Chicken: And Other Recipes Worth Living by Ella Risbridger was previously released in the UK and comes to the US this month. It is an incredibly brilliant read filled with recipes and lovely illustrations.
- Hungry: Eating, Road-Tripping and Risking It All with the Greatest Chef in the World by Jeff Gordinier
- Posh Tarts: Over 70 Recipes, from Gorgeous Galettes to Perfect Pastries by Phillippa Spence
- Let’s Make Ramen!: A Comic Book Cookbook by Hugh Amano and Sarah Becan
- Spoonfuls of Honey: Recipes From Around the World by Hattie Ellis
- The Freezer to Instant Pot Cookbook: How to Cook No-Prep Meals in Your Instant Pot Straight from Your Freezer by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
- Taste of Home 5 Ingredient Cookbook: Incredible Meals Made Quick & Easy
- Taste of Home Kitchen Hacks: 100 Hints, Tricks & Timesavers―and the Recipes to Go with Them
- Time to Eat by Nadiya Hussain
- Silo: The Zero Waste Blueprint by Douglas McMaster
- Taste of Home Cook It Quick: All-Time Family Classics in 10, 20 and 30 Minutes
Vegan Comfort Cooking: 75 Plant-Based Recipes to Satisfy Cravings and Warm Your Soul by Melanie McDonald
- Plutarch on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- gamulholland on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- cindyr on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- KarinaFrancis on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- hillsboroks on Food news antipasto
- katylynnf on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- dlduncan11 on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- dataentrytard on The Tomte Cake and Giveaway
- jezpurr on Trap Kitchen Mac N All Over the World: Quick Bites – Cookbook Giveaway
- BrandiRae on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway