February 2019 Cookbook PreviewsFebruary 7, 2019 by Jenny
After preparing the 2019 Preview post in late December, I skipped a preview post for January as it would have been repetitive. We are approaching a new season of cookbook releases with February through April being big months for publishing (not as big as Cookbooktober though!) so I’m back with a preview. If I have a review copy, I have provided a blurb. Others, I hope to have more information by the end of the month.
This month we have the following titles to look forward to:
- Simple & Classic: 123 Step-by-Step Recipes by Jane Hornby is a newly curated collection of the very best of Jane Hornby’s recipes from What to Cook & How to Cook It, Fresh & Easy, and What to Bake & How to Bake It, each previously published by Phaidon. Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- Artisan Sourdough: Wholesome Recipes, Organic Grains by Casper Andre Lugg and Martin Ivar Hveem Fjeld is a beautiful, detailed guide to baking with sourdough.
- Carbs: From Weekday Dinners to Blow-out Brunches, Rediscover the Joy of the Humble Carbohydrate by Laura Goodman is part of our EYBD. I should have this title in the next few days to tell you more in my monthly review.
- The Book of Tapas, New Edition by Simone Ortega and Inés Ortega is an update of the 2010 edition. Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- Dinner for Everyone: 300 Ways to Go Easy, Vegan, or All Out by Mark Bittman covers it all with recipes for easy, fancy, or meatless meals, as the occasion require.
- Secrets of Great Second Meals: Flexible Modern Recipes That Value Time and Limit Waste by Sara Dickerman is not just another “makeover your leftovers” title. Here the author teaches us how to make the most of our food with some thoughtful planning. Sara helps us to identify extra food from one dinner as components to another meal and provides a list of the top ten most versatile dishes for multiple meals, offers advice on food storage (how to wrap it, when to put it in the fridge, when to freeze it, and when to throw it out), and includes tips on adding freshness and flavor using salt, acids, herbs, and texture. The recipes here are not only tempting but resourceful and no one will know leftovers are involved. Events
- Raw: Recipes for a Modern Vegetarian Lifestyle by Solla Eiriksdottir. Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- Cooking at Home by Dan Doherty is a lovely collection of recipes from the author of Toast Hash Roast Mash and Duck & Waffle. What I love about restaurant chef’s “at home” titles are that the recipes are rustic but elegant and often easily approachable. Chicken yakitori, Lamb kofte with apricots & pine nuts, and a delectable Creme brulee bakewell tart are a few examples of the dishes you will find here.
- A New Way to Food: 100 Recipes to Revamp the Way You Eat and Change Your Relationship to Food by Maggie Battista – see our giveaway and promotion for more information. EventsEYBD
- Double Awesome Chinese Food: Irresistible and Totally Achievable Recipes from Our Chinese-American Kitchen by Margaret, Irene and Andrew Li – see our giveaway and promotion for more information. Events.EYBD
- Vietnamese Food Any Day: Simple Recipes for True, Fresh Flavors by Andrea Nguyen – see our giveaway and promotion for more information. Events
- Red Hot Kitchen: Classic Asian Chili Sauces from Scratch and Delicious Dishes to Make With Them by Diana Kuan is a triumph. Gorgeously photographed with vibrant dishes you will turn to time and time again. I just received this title a few moments ago and I am already smitten. Events
- Damn Delicious Meal Prep: 120 Easy Recipes for Low-Calorie, High-Energy Living by Chungah Rhee
- Whole Food Thermo Cooked: 140+ Deliciously Healthy Recipes for All Brands of Thermo Appliance by Tracey Pattison EYBD
- A Work in Progress: A Journal by René Redzepi Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- The Little Pizza Cookbook EYBD
- Mary Berry’s Quick Cooking by Mary Berry
Do Preserve: Make Your Own Jams, Chutneys, Pickles, and Cordials by Anja Dunk and Jen Goss and Mimi Beaven makes it easy to transform the delicious flavors of freshly picked seasonal produce into jams, sauces, pickles, and shrubs that can be enjoyed throughout the year. This title was released in the UK previously.
- Belgian Chocolate: Bean-to-Bar Generation by Pierre Marcolini, Michel Verlinden and Alexandre Bibaut
The Olive Oil Masterclass: Lessons from a Professional Olive Oil Sommelier by Wilma Van Grinsven-Padberg
The Yogic Kitchen by Jody Vassallo
How to be Gluten-Free and Keep Your Friends: Recipes & Tips by Anna Barnett and Quadrille
The Plantiful Plate: Vegan Recipes from the Yommme Kitchen by Christine Wong is a titled filled with vibrant dishes. We will be indexing this book and a promotion will be coming soon.
How to Braise Everything: Classic, Modern, and Global Dishes Using a Time-Honored Technique by America’s Test Kitchen Editors
Oven to Table: Over 100 One-Pot and One-Pan Recipes for Your Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More by Jan Scott is a guide to simplifying dinner using one vessel that goes from the oven to serving.
Simply Delicious The Classic Collection: 100 Timeless Tried & Tested Recipes by Darina Allen is being released in the US this month. Previously released in the UK.
Asma’s Indian Kitchen: Home-Cooked Food Brought to You by Darjeeling Express by Asma Khan is being released in the US this month by Interlink. It was previously released in the UK.
The Yoga Kitchen Plan by Kimberly Parsons is the second title from the author of The Yoga Kitchen. The 65 recipes here follow a sattvic (pure) food model – this means that the food is lacto-vegetarian i.e. fruit, vegetables and dairy predominate while stimulating foods that unsettle the mind are excluded, such as eggs, garlic, onion and caffeine.
Crumb: Show the Dough Who’s Boss by Richard Bertinet is being released in the UK this month and the US next.
I will have additional details on these titles as well as other releases in my end of month New Cookbook Review.
- Plutarch on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- gamulholland on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- cindyr on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- KarinaFrancis on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- hillsboroks on Food news antipasto
- katylynnf on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- dlduncan11 on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- dataentrytard on The Tomte Cake and Giveaway
- jezpurr on Trap Kitchen Mac N All Over the World: Quick Bites – Cookbook Giveaway
- BrandiRae on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway