Must Have Books for Fall 2019July 29, 2019 by Jenny
We are proud of our global membership here at Eat Your Books. With a world of cookbooks to cover our “lists” are heftier than others. Even though this preview post takes into consideration cookbooks from all points on the map, I did try to pare it down for brevity’s sake. That being said, please know that there are myriad titles I have listed on the 2019 Preview post that I am excited for as well and some that I’m sure will make others must have list. In the spirit of the aforementioned brevity which is basically inconceivable for a devout cookbook lover, click on each book’s title to learn more from our library’s book description section. You will note a few EYBDigital Previews are available with many others in the queue to prepare. I have also highlighted any events that are scheduled. As more details arrive, books are reviewed, previews completed, and events planned, I will update this post. August
- Sunny-Side Up: More Than 100 Breakfast & Brunch Recipes from the Essential Egg to the Perfect Pastry by Waylynn Lucas (pastry chef and Cupcake Wars’ judge) – look for a special promotion with CrateChef.
- East: 120 Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes From Bangalore to Beijing by Meera Sodha (author of Made in India and Fresh India)
- Baking with Kim-Joy: Cute and Creative Bakes to Make You Smile by Kim-Joy, GBBO finalist, is not only adorable but also delivers on flavor. I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing the galley and it is a baker’s dream. This title is being released in the UK in August and US in September. For more information on GBBO titles, see this post. Events
Veg: Easy & Delicious Meals for Everyone by Jamie Oliver
- Gourmet Traveller Italian: Big Flavours, Classic Dishes: Our Favorite Recipes for Inspired Cooking by Australian Gourmet Traveller
- From the Oven: Simple Dishes That Look After Themselves by Diana Henry is a can’t miss by the incomparable Ms. Henry. (UK)
- Sababa: The Fresh, Sunny Flavors of Israeli Cuisine by Adeena Sussman is a vibrant collection of recipes that transports the reader into Adeena’s Tel Aviv kitchen. Events
- Canal House: Cook Something: Recipes to Rely On by Christopher Hirsheimer and Melissa Hamilton
- Shuk: The Heart of Israeli Cooking by Einat Admony and Janna Gur
- Flour Lab: An At-Home Guide to Milling Grains, Making Flour, Baking, and Cooking by Adam Leonti and Katie Parla
- Bigger Bolder Baking: A Fearless Approach to Baking, Anytime Anywhere by Gemma Stafford Events
- A Place at the Table: New American Recipes from the Nation’s Top Foreign-Born Chefs by Gabrielle Langholtz and Rick Kinsel Events
The Gaijin Cookbook: Japanese Recipes from a Chef, Father, Eater, and Lifelong Outsider by Ivan Orkin and Chris Ying (Ivan Ramen authors)
- GreenFeast: Autumn Winter by Nigel Slater (GreenFeast: Spring)
- When Pies Fly: Portable Pastries from Empanadas to Strudels, Hand Pies to Knishes by Cathy Barrow (pie maker extraordinaire) Events
A Flash in the Pan: Speedy, Stovetop Recipes for Every Day by John Whaite
Laurel: A Small Restaurant in Philadelphia by Nick Elmi
- Cannelle et Vanille: Nourishing, Gluten-Free Recipes for Every Meal and Mood by Aran Goyoaga Events
Eleven Madison Park: The Next Chapter, Revised and Unlimited Edition by Daniel Humm and Will Guidara
Bobby at Home: Fearless Flavors from My Kitchen by Bobby Flay
- East Bay Cooks: Signature Recipes from the Best Restaurants, Bars, and Bakeries by Carolyn Jung continues the Figure 1 cooks and eats series in great style! It’s a beauty.
- The Cookie Collection: Artisan Baking for the Cookie Enthusiast – another compilation from Bake from Scratch that will no doubt be swoon worthy.
- Islas: Food of the Spanish Islands by Emma Warren
- Modern Sourdough: Sweet and Savoury Recipes from Margot Bakery by Michelle Eshkeri
- One Pot Feeds All by Darina Allen
- Made in Mexico: The Cookbook: Classic and Contemporary Recipes from Mexico City by Danny Mena – brilliant! Events
TLV: Recipes and Stories from Israel by Jigal Krant – gorgeous!
The Shared Table: Vegetarian Feasts for Family and Friends by Clare Scrine
- The Silver Spoon Classic by The Silver Spoon Kitchen – Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- The Jewish Cookbook by Leah Koenig – Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided. Events
- Sour: More Than Mere Taste: The Magical Element That Transforms Your Cooking by Mark Diacono
- American Sfoglino: A Master Class in Handmade Pasta by Evan Funke
Week Light: Super-Fast Meals to Make You Feel Good by Donna Hay
Pasta Grannies: The Secrets of Italy’s Best Home Cooks by Vicky Bennison (more information) is one of the many books I am so excited about! Look for a lovely promotion in October with Ruffoni to celebrate its release!
- Fraiche Food, Full Hearts: A Collection of Recipes for Every Day and Casual Celebrations by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer is an absolutely gorgeous book.
- Poilâne: The Secrets of the World-Famous Bread Bakery by Apollonia Poilâne
- Bread on the Table: A Top Texas Baker Shares His Favorite Recipes by David Norman
- A Southern Cookbook: Essential Recipes and New Explorations by Sean Brock
- 365: A Year of Everyday Cooking and Baking by Meike Peters, James Beard award winner, delivers another book that defines must have. Meike’s recipes and stunning photography fill this book.
Butcher and Beast: Mastering the Art of Meat by Angie Mar
- Fire and Spice: Fragrant Recipes from the Silk Road and Beyond by John Gregory-Smith reprints 200 recipes from Mighty Spice and Mighty Spice Express
- Mastering Spice: Recipes and Techniques to Transform Your Everyday Cooking by Lior Lev Sercarz and Genevieve Ko
- Food52 Dynamite Chicken: 60 Never-Boring Recipes for Your Favorite Bird by Tyler Kord has me excited about chicken again! I’ve had a look at the galley and in usual Food52 style – it is killer.
- I Can Cook Vegan by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- Cooking for Good Times: Simple Recipes for Sharing by Paul Kahan and Rachel Holtzman (Cheers to the Publican)
- Duchess at Home: Sweet & Savoury Recipes from My Home to Yours by Giselle Courteau
- Calgary Eats: Signature Recipes from the City’s Best Restaurants and Bars by Gail Norton and Karen Ralph
- JGV: A Life in 12 Recipes by Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Last Call: Bartenders on Their Final Drink and the Wisdom and Rituals of Closing Time by Brad Thomas Parsons
- The NoMad Cocktail Book by Leo Robitschek
- The Joys of Baking: Recipes and Stories for a Sweet Life by Samantha Seneviratne
- Korean Soul Food: Authentic Dishes and Modern Twists by Judy Joo
- Tartine: Revised Edition: A Classic Revisited by Elisabeth Prueitt
- Scandi Bites: 50 Recipes for Sweet Treats, Party Food and Other Little Scandinavian Snacks by Trine Hahnemann
- Milk Street: The New Rules: Smart, Simple Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook by Christopher Kimball
- Midwest Made: Big, Bold Baking from the Heartland by Shauna Sever Events
- Weeknight Baking: 75 Time-Saving Recipes to Make Any Night of the Week by Michelle Lopez (love Michelle’s blog, Hummingbird High)
- Baltic: New and Old Recipes from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania by Simon Bajada
- From the Oven: Simple Dishes That Look After Themselves by Diana Henry is a can’t miss by the incomparable Ms. Henry. (US release)
- Felidia: Recipes from My Flagship Restaurant by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich and Tanya Bastianich Manuali
- Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: 150 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods by Tieghan Gerard
- From Scratch: 10 Meals, 150 Recipes, and Dozens of Techniques You Will Use Over and Over by Michael Ruhlman
- Oaxaca: Home Cooking from the Heart of Mexico by Bricia Lopez and Javier Cabral
- Home Made in the Oven by Yvette van Boven, one of my all-time favorite authors.
- Gather: A Dirty Apron Cookbook by David Robertson
Houston Cooks: Recipes from the City’s Favorite Restaurants and Chefs by Francine Spiering
- Living Bread: Tradition and Innovation in Artisan Bread Making by Daniel Leader and Lauren Chattman Events
- Nothing Fancy: The Art of Having People Over by Alison Roman Events
- Sous Vide: Better Home Cooking by Hugh Acheson
- Signature Dishes That Matter by Pat Nourse, Susan Jung, Christine Muhlke, Howie Kahn and Andea Petrini – Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- Nathalie Dupree’s Favorite Recipes & Stories by Nathalie Dupree and Cynthia Graubart
- Lavash: The Bread That Launched 1,000 Meals, and Other Recipes from Armenia by Kate Leahy and Ara Zada Events
The Art of Escapism Cooking: A Survival Story, with Intensely Good Flavors by Mandy Lee is the long anticipated debut cookbook from spectacular blogger behind Lady and Pups.
Ama: A Modern Tex-Mex Kitchen by Josef Centeno and Betty Hallock
- Pastry Love: A Baker’s Journal of Favorite Recipes by Joanne Chang
- The New Way to Cake: Simple Recipes with Exceptional Flavor by Benjamina Ebuehi is an intriguing debut cookbook from one of our GBBO favorites. I am most impressed. For more information on GBBO titles, see this post.
- Jubilee: Recipes from from Two Centuries of African-American Cooking by Toni Tipton Martin
- Pardiz: A Persian Food Journey by Manuela Darling-Gansser
- Elegant Pie: Transform Your Favorite Pies into Works of Art by Karin Pfeiff-Boschek (Instagram star and pie artist)
- The William Greenberg Desserts Cookbook: Classic Jewish Desserts from an Iconic New York Bakery by Carol Becker
Jerusalem Food: Bold Flavors from the Middle East and Beyond by Nidal Kersh
- Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker and Ethan Becker Events
- Food Artisans of Japan by Nancy Singleton Hachisu
- Black Axe Mangal by Lee Tiernan – Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- The Last Course by Claudia Fleming (reissue) (due November 12, 2019 and available for preorder). Look for an interview with Claudia in November here!
- Michael Symon’s Fix It with Food: More Than 125 Recipes to Address Autoimmune Issues and Inflammation by Michael Symon and Douglas Trattner
Seen anything interesting? Let us know & we'll share it!
- krnries on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- TeresaRenee on Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- leknit on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- lils74 on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- kezbabybabe on What’s the best cookbook holder?
- PhillipJD on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- acecil on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway