Pasta GranniesMay 22, 2018 by Jenny
Meet Vicky Bennison, the founder of the Pasta
Grannies. While Vicky was researching Italian food for a
project, she discovered beautiful nonnas, ranging from the age of
49 through 95 and beyond, who were still creating beautiful
She made it her mission to preserve this dying art with a website and a Youtube channel devoted to teaching these unique dishes with videos. Their introduction video came across my timeline and I had to learn more.
Update: Vicky’s book Pasta
Grannies: The Secret’s of Italy’s Best Home Cooks will be
published by Hardie Grant on September 17, 2019. You may preorder
version and the UK
While I’m buried in May’s monthly cookbook roundup, I wanted to take a moment and share Vicky’s work with you. I’ve subscribed to the channel and, of course, have already written Vicky in the hopes that she is working on a step-by-step cookbook devoted to these ladies and their unique pasta. While waiting for a response, I came across a post that confirmed a book is in the works. Praise the flour and pass the pasta! Take a look at the incredible blog posts that introduce the dishes demonstrated in the videos.
Subscribe to the YouTube channel and follow these beautiful
women who know more about Italian cooking than some of the finest
Vicky, thank you for bringing these wonderful women and their pasta into our kitchens. I am, for one, am grateful that their stories and dishes will be preserved for generations to come.
- tpop on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- kaityblueeyes on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- tcjanes on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- mpdeb98 on Around the Table – Cookbook Giveaway
- braabpro on Simply Chinese – Cookbook Giveaway
- mpdeb98 on Small Batch Bakes & Nordic Ware Sheet Pan Giveaway
- mpdeb98 on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- mpdeb98 on The Complete Chinese Takeout Cookbook Giveaway
- mpdeb98 on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- Jow on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway