This week: 1,200 EYBD Previews milestone, recipes, cookbook giveaways and moreNovember 19, 2021 by Jenny
On Monday our monthly newsletter will be arriving in your inboxes so that you can start checking out our Thanksgiving Pinterest boards and adding books to your Wishlist from our November cookbook review and gift guide (to be published this weekend). As we hit another EYB milestone and indexed a load of books, we wanted to share a quick roundup with you this week and will be skipping next Friday’s.
This week we loaded our 1,202nd EYBDigital Preview to our Library. An EYBDigital Preview is where a selection of full sample pages from cookbooks are available to provide our members with a sneak peek inside. Learn more about EYBDigital Previews.
For our new members, this post on How to Make EYB work better for you may be helpful and shares links to articles about our fairly new Wishlist feature and more.
Annabel Langbein is offering signed copies of her and daughter Rose’s latest book Summer at Home for holiday gift giving. They will include a holiday gift card for online orders of the book purchased up until Dec 25th, 2021. Learn more here.
The last week on the blog
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Cookbooks just for kicks
- What happened to NPR’s The Salt?
- Mary Berry says she is never too old to learn
- A legendary pastry chef returns to the Big Apple
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Darcie, Jane and I all contribute to our GBBO recap posts. All GBBO related posts are tagged #gbbo2021.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following and I’ll soon have a gift guide available for our members along with a load of fantastic promotions:
- November 2021 New Cookbook Review
- November 2021 Eat Your Books Cookbook Club Summary
- December 2021 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary (will be updated when more information comes in)
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks (updated)
Please be sure to check our Calendar for updated events. Our cookbook deals post is frequently updated and will include any special holiday deals as well so check that post often for new sales (the ICYMI post explains the post in detail). My Instagram is thecookbookjunkies.
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers are working hard indexing titles, both new and old. Below are just a few highlights. Recently indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library and your Bookshelf so you will always know which titles have just been indexed. Recent indexed magazines can be found here.
- Nadiya’s Fast Flavours: 100 Easy Recipes for Maximum Taste with Minimal Effort by Nadiya Hussain
- The Science of Spice: Understand Flavour Connections and Revolutionize your Cooking by Dr. Stuart Farrimond
- British Regional Food: A Cook’s Tour of the Best Produce in Britain and Ireland with Traditional & Original Recipes by Mark Hix
- Butter: Comforting, Delicious, Versatile: Over 130 Recipes Celebrating Butter by James Martin
- The Complete Vegetable Cookbook: A Seasonal, Zero-waste Guide to Cooking with Vegetables by James Strawbridge
- New Native Kitchen: Celebrating Modern Recipes of the American Indian by Freddie Bitsoie and James O. Fraioli
- A New Take on Cake: 175 Beautiful, Doable Cake Mix Recipes for Bundts, Layers, Slabs, Loaves, Cookies, and More! by Anne Byrn
- Bittman Bread: No-Knead Whole-Grain Baking for Every Day by Mark Bittman
- World Food: Paris: Heritage Recipes for Classic Cooking by James Oseland
- Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season by Christopher Kimball
- One Pan Perfect: Fast Fresh No-Fuss Deliciousness by Donna Hay
- In Minutes: 10, 20, 30 – How much time do you have tonight? by Clodagh McKenna
- Marcus’ Kitchen: My Favourite Recipes to Inspire your Home-Cooking by Marcus Wareing
- The New Family Cookbook: All-New Edition of the Best-Selling Classic with 1,000 New Recipes by America’s Test Kitchen Editors
- The Russian Tea Room Cookbook by Faith Stewart-Gordon and Nika Hazelton
- How to Cook a Wolf by M.F.K. Fisher
- This is a Book About Dumplings by Brendan Pang
- Mumbai Modern: Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by Indian Roots and California Cuisine by Amisha Gurbani
- The Madhur Jaffrey Cookbook: Over 650 Indian, Vegetarian and Eastern Recipes by Madhur Jaffrey
- A Feast of Floyd: 400 of His All-Time Favourite Recipes by Keith Floyd
- Hot Little Suppers: Simple Recipes to Feed Family and Friends by Carey Morey
- Wagamama Your Way: Fresh Flexible Recipes for Body + Mind by Wagamama Limited
Member Photo of the Week
Dumpling salad from To Asia, With Love: Everyday Asian Recipes and Stories from the Heart (page 191) by Hetty McKinnon submitted by member Lots_of_fun_nyc
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Vegan amaretti from Tin and Thyme: Tales from a Cornish Kitchen by Choclette
Add the blog Tin and Thyme: Tales from a Cornish Kitchen to your bookshelf for 906 recipes
Recently we uploaded our 1,202nd EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks.
Learn more about EYBDigital Previews.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- 3 recipes from The Cake Chronicles: Bake a Journey Through 60 Incredible Creations! by Ana Zelic pub date Nov 30th, 2021
- A selection of pages and 2 recipes from Savory Dinner Pies from Around the Globe: 70 Delicious Recipes from Around the World by Ken Haedrich pub date Jan 18, 2022
- A selection of pages and 5 recipes from Mabu Mabu: An Australian Kitchen Cookbook: Help Yourself by Nornie Bero pub date Feb 15, 2022
- A selection of pages and 9 recipes from A Good Day to Bake: Simple Baking Recipes for Every Mood by Benjamina Ebuehi pub date Mar 1, 2022
Click on the Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our US/CA giveaway to win one of three copies of Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple by Dorie Greenspan. One US winner will also receive a gorgeous Emile Henry tarte tatin baker. Contest expires Dec 10, 2021.
- Enter our US/CA giveaway to win one of three copies of Peace, Love, and Pasta: Simple and Elegant Recipes from a Chef’s Home Kitchen by Scott Conant with one US winner receiving an Anolon gourmet pasta maker. Contest expires Dec 12, 2021.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways including those open worldwide and to other regions.
- All Posts (6193)
- Antipasto (1796)
- Author Articles (237)
- Book News (894)
- Cookbook Giveaways (880)
- Cookbook Lovers (242)
- Cooking Tips (89)
- Culinary News (289)
- Food Biz People (517)
- Food Online (719)
- Holidays & Celebrations (236)
- New Cookbooks (127)
- Recipes (1356)
- Shelf Life With Susie (231)
- What's New on EYB (121)
- sarahteertzah on Cookbook Giveaway: Baking by Feel
- rkosully on Cookbook Giveaway: RecipeTin Eats & Emile Henry oven; Quick Bites
- GiselleMarie on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- dnortje31 on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- cellenly on Cookbook/prize package giveaway: My Vermont Table
- cellenly on Cookbook Giveaway: The Kids Book of Challah
- tmjellicoe on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- roxlet on Cookbook Giveaway: RecipeTin Eats & Emile Henry oven; Quick Bites
- michalow on Giveaway: Hoppers: The Cookbook
- michalow on Cookbook Giveaway: On the Curry Trail & an Emile Henry stew pot