This week: 2021 cookbooks, recipes, giveaways, previews and moreJanuary 15, 2021 by Jenny
2021 is looking like another stellar year for cookbook lovers. This year we have books coming from Julia Turshen, Dorie Greenspan, Eric Ripert, Rose Levy Beranbaum, Zoë François, Pepper Teigen (Chrissy’s mom), Carla Lalli Music, Joshua McFadden, Giada De Laurentis, Sybil Kapoor, Rosie Birkett, Mary Berg, Emma Galloway, Ross Joseph Dobson, Tom Parker Bowles, Michael Smith, Chetna Makan, Bobby Flay, Heidi Swanson, Anna Jones, Abigail Johnson Dodge, Pippa and Michael James and many more! My 2021 Preview post shares the releases by month!
There are titles in the works for Ruby Tandoh (title: Cook As You Are), Cathy Barrow (a bagel book), Amy Thielen (a book focusing on menus and entertaining) and others. As soon as we have all the details, I will add those to the preview post which I update almost every week.
2021 is the year of plant-based cookbooks, international cuisines and baking – bread and desserts! The caliber of last year’s baking books will be hard to beat but with titles coming from Dorie, Zoë, Rose and Michael and Pippa James – it will be a tight race.
Which books are you most excited about? Just looking at 2021’s preview gives me cookbook anxiety. What is that? It is equal parts excitement, dread and jittery nerves. I want them all but I don’t know where I am going to put them and I worry that my husband’s head will explode as they begin to arrive. As Scarlett O’Hara famously said in Gone with the Wind, “I won’t think about that today – I’ll think about that tomorrow.”
The last week on the blog
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Google’s top recipe searches of 2020
- The case for following the recipe exactly
- Sticking to a ‘dry January’ has never been easier
- Why is 350 degrees such a common oven temperature?
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one.
This week I have posted giveaways for
- Croatian Desserts – Worldwide Giveaway
- The Roads to Rome and Old World Italian Cookbook Giveaway
- Ovenly – Cookbook Giveaway
Jenny and the EYB Team
Member Photo of the Week
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Recently we uploaded our 869th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- 3 recipes from Vegetarian Chinese Soul Food: Deliciously Doable Ways to Cook Greens, Tofu, and Other Plant-Based Ingredients by Hsiao-Ching Chou – pub date 1/21/2021
- 3 recipes from The Double Happiness Cookbook: 88 Feel-Good Recipes and Food Stories by Trevor Lui – pub date 1/26/2021
- 3 recipes from Great British Chefs: Hacks: How Chefs Make Dishes Go from Good to Great by the Great British Chefs
- Selected pages and 5 recipes from Toaster Oven Perfection: A Smarter Way to Cook on a Smaller Scale by America’s Test Kitchen Editors
Click on the Bold Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our US/UK/NZ/AU giveaway to win one of three copies of The Wicked Baker: Cakes and Treats to Die For by Helena Garcia – Expires January 29th, 2021
- Enter our US/UK/NZ/AU giveaway to win one of three copies of Home Cookery Year: Four Seasons, Over 200 Recipes for All Possible Occasions by Claire Thomson – Expires January 29th, 2021
*Publishers thank us for our continued patience while awaiting the arrival of prizes as warehouses are not operating at full capacity yet and it appears things will only get slower as the winter season takes hold. The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways.
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Ya gotta keep ’em separated
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway