This week at Eat Your Books!June 29, 2019 by Jenny
Eat Your Books (EYB) is a website for people who love cookbooks and want to make better use of the great recipes from those books. With EYB, a member can create their own personal Bookshelf and quickly find recipes from their cookbooks, food magazines, food blogs, personal recipe clippings, and favorite online recipes. New cookbooks (as well as older titles) are indexed every week. For more information on how we can help you utilize your cookbook collection, please see our Help pages.
In case you missed it!
- Looking forward to 2019 Cookbooks – updated with new covers and titles and Summer’s hottest cookbooks
- Best cookbooks of 2019, so far
- World Calendar of Cookbook Events
- Have you joined our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club?
Member Photo of the Week:
Luscious lemon cake from Say It with Cake:
Celebrate with Over 80 Cakes,
Puddings, Pies and More from the Original Boy Who Bakes by Edd Kimber
Photo submitted by member yvettehenderson
Have you uploaded any of your own
photos yet? Learn more!
Featured Online Recipe:
- Ethiopia: Recipes and Traditions from the Horn of Africa by Yohanis Gebreyesus and Jeff Koehler
- One More Croissant for the Road by Felicity Cloake
- Aarti Paarti: An American Kitchen with an Indian Soul by Aarti Sequeira
- Taste of Home Make It! Take It: Up the Yum Factor at Everything from Potlucks to Backyard Barbeques by Taste of Home Magazine
Vegetables Illustrated: An Inspiring Guide with 700+ Kitchen-Tested Recipes by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine
Cake: Layered, Frosted, Sliced & Shared by Brooke Bell
A selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks. Learn more about EYBDigital Previews.
(Note: Some members have been asking why they cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to their Bookshelf. Please read this Help page for an explanation.)
3 recipes from New York: Capital
of Food: Recipes & Stories
by Lisa Nieschlag and Lars Wentrup (AU/UK 10/2018; US 10/2019)
3 recipes from Lands of the Curry Leaf: A Vegetarian Food Journey from Sri Lanka to Nepal by Peter Kuruvita (AU/UK 11/2018; US 10/2019)
Cookbooks with GIVEAWAYS!
Each of these featured titles below has a current giveaway. Click on the blue link for more information on how to enter. For titles that also have an EYBDigital Preview, click on the orange button to view the available full sample pages.
6 recipes from Weber’s Ultimate Grilling: A Step-by-Step Guide to Barbecue Genius by Jamie Purviance
- foodie16 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LUmbro on Fine Cooking’s last issue
- Shelmar on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- FattyNaddy on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- dhiza on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- zeahund on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- lauren424 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- JEWGAL777 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway