Our Favorite Instant Pot CookbooksJanuary 26, 2018 by Jenny
The Instant Pot® has been the subject of many promotional and informational posts here at Eat Your Books including A Beginner’s Guide; an In-Depth Look; French Tips and Instant Pot Fever. These articles may be helpful for anyone who have recently purchased this product. Type in a search in our cookbook library with just the words “Instant Pot” you will find 51 cookbook results with “Pressure Cooker” yielding 272 cookbook results (there, of course is some overlap). Our online recipes total 172 dishes available that have been indexed (pressure cooker online recipes indexed total 250). I have tagged all posts with #instantpot for ease of reference in searching.
The Instant Pot® has revolutionized how many home cooks approach
cooking whether it be on a busy weeknight or a fun-packed weekend
that leaves little time to prepare dinner. As cooks discover how
this multi-cooker can save time and still deliver a tasty meal,
they are continually seeking out more recipes! The publishing
world, as well as bloggers and authors, are responding to fans by
pumping out cookbooks and recipes as fast as they can to meet the
Whether you are the proud owner of the newest version, the Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker; the Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker (see my review here); the Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker (see my review here); or one of the older models, you want to make better use of this time and space saving machine which is why I have shared the links above in the first paragraph as well as the following information in one convenient post.
People often ask in The Cookbook Junkies, “I just bought an Instant
Pot what cookbooks would you recommend?” Today, I will share a few
that I have used personally as well as a few titles that members of
group have shared as being their favorites. Please add
your favorite cookbooks in the comments to this post and I will
update in due course.
The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook: Fresh and Foolproof Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker by Coco Morante covers each meal of the day, offering plenty of tried-and-true classic recipes, such as spicy beef and bean chili, a whole roasted chicken with mushroom sauce, and decadent New York cheesecake, alongside a hearty array of contemporary meals, such as Greek-style Gigantes beans with fresh feta, Braised pork loin with balsamic vinegar and caramelized onions, Buttery cauliflower mashed potatoes, Pork adobo, and more!
Indian Instant Pot Cooking: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy & Fast by Urvashi Pitre has been the subject of great praise and deservingly so. Urvashi is known as the “Butter-Chicken Lady” and her Butter Chicken made Instant Pot has gone viral.
Instant Pot Miracle: From Gourmet to Everyday, 175 Must-Have Recipes by The Editors at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a book that shares one of my recipes and many other tasty, well-tested recipes. More information about this title can be found on my review post here. This title was #4 on the best selling cookbooks of 2017 in the US from Nielsen BookScan’s data.
Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook (An Authorized Instant Pot® Cookbook): Quick & Easy Recipes for Everyday Eating by Sara Quessenberry and Kate Merker was covered in my review here.
The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for Your Instant Pot®: 80 Easy and Delicious Plant-Based Recipes That You Can Make in Half the Time by Kathy Hester, who is the queen of vegan cookery, is a book that contains 80 new and unique recipes using the many features the Instant Pot – making less work, mess and stress to produce astoundingly delicious results. Kathy helps vegan home cooks confidently use the Instant Pot® to prepare their own nourishing staples and delicious meals for their families. We will be indexing this book very soon.
Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, and Instant Pot by Melissa Clark see our promotion here and was one of the best books of 2017. The prolific Clark has another title coming out later this year entitled Comfort in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Classic Favorites for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®. The woman never sleeps.
Hip Pressure Cooking: More Than 240 Recipes to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Modern Pressure Cooker by Laura D. A. Pazzaglia is a title that has been repeatedly mentioned in the group and recommended highly.
The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book: 500 Easy Recipes for Every Day and Every Machine, Both Stovetop and Electric by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough is a very popular title among our members and myself! It was their book that made my first Instant Pot® experience a success. My review can be found here.
There are many books slated for 2018 on this subject besides the aforementioned Melissa Clark title, including one from popular blogger and author, Gina Homolka, of Skinnytaste. Gina’s blog is indexed for our members as well as her cookbooks. The new book, Skinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, Air Fryer, Dutch Oven, and More, will be out this October and features recipes for a variety of appliances as you can see by the title.
Updated from my 2018 Gift Guide Post:
- Instantly Southern: 75 Recipes for Classic Southern Favorites Using Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®by Sheri Castle
- Comfort in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Classic Favorites for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot® by Melissa Clark
- Instant Pot® Miracle 6 Ingredients or Less: 100 No-Fuss Recipes for Easy Meals Every Day by Ivy Manning
- Skinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, Air Fryer, Dutch Oven, and More by Gina Homolka
- The Instant Pot® Bible: More than 350 Recipes and Strategies — The Only Book You Need by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
- Instant Filipino Recipes: My Mother’s Traditional Philippine Food In a Multicooker Pot by Elizabeth Ann Besa-Quirino
- The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook: 200 Deliciously Simple Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker by Coco Morante
- The Essential Mexican Instant Pot Cookbook: Authentic Flavors and Modern Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker by Deborah Schneider
- Instantly Sweet: 75 Desserts and Sweet Treats from Your Instant Pot or Other Electric Pressure Cooker by Barbara Schieving and Marci Buttars
- The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook: Authentic Flavors and Modern Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker by Archana Mundhe
- Instant Indian: Classic Foods from Every Region of India Made Easy in the Instant Pot by Rinku Bhattacharya
- The Complete Indian Instant Pot Cookbook: 130 Traditional and Modern Recipes by Chandra Ram
- vdkcjart on Bigger Bolder Baking Every Day – Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- mumliz on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- mumliz on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- paulo_b on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- paulo_b on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- ebs on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Holiday Cookies & Cocktails Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Cassoulet Confessions Book Giveaway