Best of the best cookbooks list 2016December 22, 2016 by Jane
Each year, Jane collects the “best cookbooks of 2016” lists from a wide variety of sources, ranging from television to radio to bloggers to newspapers – over 300 lists in total. After aggregating and ranking nearly one thousand books, Jane compiles the winners into EYB’s “Best of the Best” cookbooks of 2016.
After a few years of crushing the competition, Yotam Ottolenghi did not release a cookbook, opening the field up to others. This year’s top cookbook was a baking book: Dorie’s Cookies by the inimitable Dorie Greenspan. Check out the Best of the Best page for all the other winners plus charts from the UK, Canada and Australia/NZ. There are also specialist charts for Vegetarian & vegan books, Drinks books and Food writing books.
Among the top 10, Diana Henry’s book is on the most Member Bookshelves (250 for the US edition, 218 for the UK edition). Ina Garten follows with Cooking for Jeffrey found on 235 Bookshelves. Dorie’s book resides on 215 Bookshelves so far, although all of these numbers are sure to grow in the months ahead. Compare these numbers to the whopping 5,215 Members who own Plenty and you can see why Ottolenghi dominated the cookbook lists of the past few years.
In all, there 930 cookbooks on our list, though more than half received just one vote. See the complete coterie of cookbooks on the 2016 Best Cookbooks page. How did your favorite books do? Do you know of any great books that aren’t on the list?
- foodie16 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LUmbro on Fine Cooking’s last issue
- Shelmar on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- FattyNaddy on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- dhiza on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- zeahund on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- lauren424 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- JEWGAL777 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway