The last two weeks: Part II of fall/autumn preview; recipes; giveaways and moreAugust 5, 2022 by Jenny
This week will be a short and sweet roundup as it contains two weeks worth of articles, blog posts and recently indexed cookbooks. Our team has been knocking out older and new cookbooks weekly. Below we feature just a few of those newly indexed titles. If you wish to see what other books have recently been indexed click on this link to bring up the most current. Besides books, of course, we continue to index blogs, online recipes and magazines!
Earlier this week, I finished up Part II of the fall/autumn cookbook preview and that preview still does not cover all of the amazing books slated for the second half of 2022!
I just told Jane that I will soon be starting my 2023 preview listing of books and it made me realize how time is moving so quickly. In less than two weeks, my youngest will be going off to college and while the college is in Denver, 20 miles from our home, he will be dorming and I have mixed feelings – excited for him and, of course, there is worry. That is how I feel about all the cookbooks that are heading toward us – the thrill of all the new possibilities but concerned that my office floor might collapse next.
One other note, this week a member asked in our Forum about baking titles from other cultures and I took about an hour to reply listing books from around the world including books that have been published and those to be published. While this is not a comprehensive listing it gives a good representation of what the world has to offer us in the baking realm and maybe you will find a few books to add to your wish list.
The last two weeks on Eat Your Books
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Why butter temperature matters
- IACP 2022 Cookbook Award Nominees
- What’s the best cookbook holder?
- Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- Diana Kennedy, champion of Mexican cuisine, has died age 99
- The Bear is this season’s must-watch food show
- Sometimes the best things come in small packages
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Jane shared the news about two NEW FEATURES:
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Fall/autumn preview: Part II – Non-baking titles (Fall/Autumn 2022 Cookbook Preview: Part I: The Baking Titles)
- Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway (Worldwide)
- The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway (Worldwide)
- July 2022 New Cookbook Review
- July 2022 EYB Cookbook Club Summary
- August 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary (updated to include Hardcover Cook’s Fall boxes; Jamie Oliver’s Aug pick and The Kitchn’s options for the rest of the year).
- Cookbook deals are frequently updated so check that post often for new sales including our updated Australian section (the ICYMI post explains the post in detail) – please note the addition of LeCreuset specials.
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks
- Please be sure to check our Calendar for updates. Note: August 11th at the Greenmarket in NYC – Michael W. Twitty will be signing his new book KosherSoul.
My Instagram is thecookbookjunkies.
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers are working hard indexing titles, both new and old. Below are just a few highlighted titles. A reminder: newly indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library and your Bookshelf so you will always know which titles have just been indexed. Recent indexed magazines can be found here. For information on member indexing, please see this roundup with more details.
- Around the Table: Delicious Food for Every Day by Julia Busuttil Nishimura
- Persiana Everyday: All New Recipes from the Best Selling Author of Persiana by Sabrina Ghayour
- Live Fire: Seasonal Barbecue Recipes and Stories of Barbecue Traditions Old and New by Helen Graves
- More Fish, More Veg: Simple, Sustainable Recipes and Know-how for Everyday Delicious Meals by Tom Walton
- The Red Truck Bakery Farmhouse Cookbook: Sweet and Savory Comfort Food from America’s Favorite Rural Bakery by Brian Noyes
- The Cake Collection: 192 Recipes for the Cake Enthusiast by Brian Hart Hoffman
- The Modern Café by Francisco J. Migoya and The Culinary Institute of America
- Rambutan: Fresh Sri Lankan Recipes from an Immigrant Family by Cynthia Shanmugalingam
- One Part Plant: A Simple Guide to Eating Real, One Meal at a Time by Jessica Murnane
- Dominique’s Kitchen: Easy Everyday Asian-Inspired Food by Dominique Woolf
- Good & Sweet: A New Way to Bake with Naturally Sweet Ingredients by Brian Levy
- Modern Asian Baking at Home: Essential Sweet and Savory Recipes for Milk Bread, Mooncakes, Mochi, and More; Inspired by the Subtle Asian Baking Community by Kat Lieu
- Lebanese Cuisine: The Authentic Cookbook by Samira Kazan
Member Photo of the Week
Crème fraîche and blueberry ice cream from Sweeter Off the Vine: Fruit Desserts for Every Season (page 75) by Yossy Arefi submitted by member shylastrath
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Adding the Simply Recipes blog to your Bookshelf gives you an additional 3,124 recipes
Recently, we uploaded our 1,380th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages are available including the titles below.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and 7 complete recipes from The Italian Pantry: 10 Ingredients, 100 Recipes – Showcasing the Best of Italian Home Cooking by Theo Randall Pub date Sep 1st, 2022
- A selection of pages and 4 recipes from The Vegan Chinese Kitchen: Recipes and Modern Stories from a Thousand-Year-Old Tradition by Hannah Che Pub date Sep 13th, 2022
- A selection of pages and 8 recipes from Orchard: Recipes from a Kitchen Garden by James Rich Pub date Sep 15th, 2022
- A selection of pages and 9 recipes from Oren: A Personal Collection of Recipes and Stories From Tel Aviv by Oded Oren Pub date Sep 15th, 2022
Click on the Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our worldwide giveaway to win one of two copies of The Last Bite: A Whole New Approach to Making Desserts Through the Year by Anna Higham Contest expires August 11th, 2022.
- Enter our US/UK/AU/NZ giveaway to win one of three copies of The Miller’s Daughter: Unusual Flours & Heritage Grains: Stories and Recipes from Hayden Flour Mills by Emma Zimmerman Contest expires August 15th, 2022.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways including those open worldwide and to other regions.
- Vanessa on The Great British Bake Off/Baking Show – Week 2 – Biscuit Week
- sheridarby on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- Indio32 on September 2022 New Cookbook Review
- Indio32 on September 2022 New Cookbook Review
- artthecat on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- artthecat on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- Jzilla on Small Batch Bakes – Cookbook Giveaway
- maci234 on Small Batch Bakes – Cookbook Giveaway
- maci234 on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- schambers on Food news antipasto