The last two weeks: Adding books to your Bookshelf, Food Season is back at The British Library and moreMay 6, 2022 by Jenny
For our new members, we want to review adding books to your Bookshelf. A member asked recently why the US edition of a UK book was not listed in the Library. It was but was linked to the edition we indexed. Here’s an example of how it works: Claudia Roden’s Mediterranean: Treasured Recipes from a Lifetime of Travel is the US issue of the UK book Med: A Cookbook which is the edition we indexed. In order for the member to add the US book to her Bookshelf, she would need to add the ISBN to Import Books, under the My Bookshelf tab (because searching for the book by the US title or ISBN would not provide a result as the title is linked to the UK master). Importing the ISBN would result in the book being added to the member’s Bookshelf. The other alternative is to search by the author name and filter the results by date published and this will appear:
The member would then click on the link symbol circled in the photo above which would result in the following:
Then the member can click on the ISBN for the US title and bring up the record to add the book to their Bookshelf. For more on book results see our Help section.
Another helpful post that we keep updated with new features is our Ideas on how to make EYB work better for you.
The British Library’s Food Season is in full swing and I have added those events, both online and live at the library on our calendar. Also note the addition of Cookbook.hu in Hungary on our Cookbook Store Page.
The last two weeks on Eat Your Books
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- An evening with Yotam Ottolenghi
- Fine Cooking’s last issue
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
- Sweets for Eid al-Fitr
- Jazz up your juleps
- The James Beard Cookbook Awards are back – here are the nominees
- Le Creuset’s advice to consumers: don’t use olive oil
- Anzac Day is a food tradition worth celebrating
- And in case you missed it: Tips on cleaning, storing, and organizing your cookbook collection (special thanks to the professionals referenced in this NYT Wirecutter article that recommended EYB).
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- CrateChef – Ali Slagle Box Giveaway (US)
- Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites (worldwide)
- Ammu Cookbook Giveaway and Gift Card for Diaspora Co spices (US/UK)
- Ronni Lundy opens Plott Hound Books
- April 2022 EYB Cookbook Club Summary
- April 2022 New Cookbook Review
- May 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary – updated with the addition of Cook Republic Cooking Club right beneath Jamie Oliver’s Cookbook Club.
- Cookbook deals are frequently updated so check that post often for new sales including our updated Australian section (the ICYMI post explains the post in detail) – please note the addition of LeCreuset specials.
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks (updated with more exciting titles).
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers are working hard indexing titles, both new and old. Below are just a few highlighted titles. A reminder: newly indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library and your Bookshelf so you will always know which titles have just been indexed. Recent indexed magazines can be found here. For information on member indexing, please see this roundup with more details.
- Salads Are More Than Leaves: Salads to Get Excited About by Elena Silcock
- Meat-Free Mexican: Vibrant Vegetarian Recipes by Thomasina Miers
- Paon: Real Balinese Cooking by Tjok Maya Kerthyasa and I Wayan Kresna Yasa
- Portugal: The Cookbook by Leandro Carreira
- Jeremy Pang’s School of Wok: Delicious Asian Food in Minutes by Jeremy Pang
- The Little Viet Kitchen: Over 100 Authentic and Delicious Vietnamese Recipes by Thuy Diem Pham
- The Nutmeg Trail: A Culinary Journey Along the Ancient Spice Route by Eleanor Ford
- Seared: The Ultimate Guide to Barbecuing Meat by Genevieve Taylor
- Colu Cooks: Easy Fancy Food by Colu Henry
- Cinnamon and Salt: Ciccheti in Venice: Small Bites From The Lagoon City by Emiko Davies
- Milk Street: The World in a Skillet by Christopher Kimball
- Good Eats 4: The Final Years by Alton Brown EVENTS
- Gullah Geechee Home Cooking: Recipes from the Mother of Edisto Island by by Emily Meggett
- For the Table: Easy, Adaptable, Crowd-Pleasing Recipes by Anna Stockwell
- Eat Your Heart Out: All-Fun, No-Fuss Food to Celebrate Eating Clean by Daphne Oz
- The Sweetness of Doing Nothing: Live Life the Italian Way with Dolce Far Niente by Sophie Minchilli
- Cake & Loaf: Everyday Baking and Special Treats by Josie Rudderham and Nickey Miller
- Snacks for Dinner: Small Bites, Full Plates, Can’t Lose by Lukas Volger
- Eitan Eats the World: New Comfort Classics to Cook Right Now by Eitan Bernath EVENTS
- Snackable Bakes: 100 Easy-Peasy Recipes for Exceptionally Scrumptious Sweets and Treats by Jessie Sheehan EVENTS
- A Year of Sundays: A Cookbook, a Conversation, and Reflections on the World Around Me by Belinda Jeffery
- Mi Cocina: Recipes and Rapture from My Kitchen in Mexico by Rick Martinez EVENTS
- Real Food, Real Good: Eat Well With Over 100 of My Simple, Wholesome Recipes by Michael Smith
Member Photo of the Week
Blueberry lemon bundt cake from Sweet Paris: Seasonal Recipes from an American Baker in France (page 71) by Frank Adrian Barron submitted by member ToPieFor
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Add Kavey Eats blog to your bookshelf for 485 additional recipes
Recently, we uploaded our 1,334th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages are available including the titles below.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and 22 full recipes from The Mexican Vegetarian Cookbook by Margarita Carrillo Arronte – Pub date Oct 12th, 2022
- A selection of pages and 14 full recipes from The British Cookbook by Ben Mervis – Pub date Oct 12th, 2022
- A selection of pages and 6 full recipes from Ballymaloe Desserts: Iconic Recipes and Stories from Ireland by JR Ryall Pub date Oct 12th, 2022
- A selection of pages and 3 full recipes from Home Food: 100 Recipes to Comfort and Connect by Olia Hercules Pub date Dec 6th, 2022
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways.
- sir_ken_g on Everything’s coming up ube
- coryphaeus on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- coryphaeus on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway