This week: Dorie Greenspan and Rick Stein book tour dates, the ever-moving publication date challenge, recipes, EYBD Preview and cookbook giveawaysSeptember 17, 2021 by Jenny
Earlier this week, I began working on September’s new cookbook review. And surprise, once again, many titles have been moved from September to either October or November. Frankly, those months are already bursting at the seams with releases. This all makes me a little nervous at the enormity of those month’s cookbook reviews!
I am keeping our 2021 preview post updated with these changes – and our EYB Library records – but sometimes the publication dates are changing right before my eyes! While drafting this roundup and adding a note to the Member Photo of the Week with regard to Milk Street Vegetables‘ impending release, I learned that this particular title had moved to a November pub date. This led me further down the path of checking titles again (and I just had earlier this week). A dozen more books’ publication dates had moved – some by a few weeks, some by a month
Dorie Greenspan’s virtual/online book tour has just been added to our calendar and I provided a details link where available. Our whole world has gone virtual which is good in that more people can “attend” events and sad because we miss the sharing of space (and nothing is better than a Dorie hug). Two booksellers are offering a special “signed and personalized” preorder option: R J Julia Independent Booksellers and Book Hampton.
Other calendar highlights: Please be sure to check our Calendar for author, bookstore and class dates recently added including new events for Book Larder, Kitchen Arts & Letters, Omnivore Books, and Milk Street Kitchen. OTK’s (Ottolenghi’s Test Kitchen) second video was published earlier this week and features Confit Tandoori Chickpeas. Rick Stein’s author tour begins on the 21st in the UK for his new title Rick Stein: At Home published Sep 16, 2021 (indexing now). Waterstones offers signed copies of new releases including Rick’s book.
I apologize for the short and sweet roundup but I have dates to track!
The last week on the blog
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Alton Brown will be back on tour
- Jamie Oliver’s new show is all about our favorite subject
- Changes to the James Beard Awards
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Harumio – Korean Egg Pan and My Korea Cookbook Giveaway (worldwide)
- All Day Baking – Cookbook Giveaway (US/UK/AU/NZ)
- October 2021 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary (will be updating with Sur la Table and Saveur’s October options when available)
- Meet 2021’s Great British Bake Off Bakers
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks (updated)
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers continue to impress, below are a few highlights. Recently indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library so you will always know which titles have just been indexed.
- The Italian Bakery: Step-by-Step Recipes with The Silver Spoon by The Silver Spoon Kitchen
- Poppy Cooks: The Food You Need by Poppy O’Toole
- Pinch of Nom Quick & Easy: 100 Delicious, Slimming Recipes by Kate Allinson and Kay Featherstone
- Vitamix “Create” Recipe Book by Vitamix
- Once Upon a Chef: Weekend/Weeknight: 70 Quick-Fix Weeknight Dinners + 30 Luscious Weekend Recipes by Jennifer Segal
- Maman: The Cookbook: All-Day Recipes to Warm Your Heart by Elisa Marshall, Benjamin Sormonte and Lauren Salkeld
- Cook Once Dinner Fix: Quick and Exciting Ways to Transform Tonight’s Dinner into Tomorrow’s Feast by Cassy Joy Garcia Events
- Peace, Love, and Pasta: Simple and Elegant Recipes from a Chef’s Home Kitchen by Scott Conant
- Antoni Let’s Do Dinner! by Antoni Porowski
- Season with Authority: Confident Home Cooking by Marc Murphy
- Sicilian Food: Recipes from Italy’s Abundant Isle by Mary Taylor Simeti
- Middle Eastern Sweets by Salma Hage
- Occasionally Eggs: Simple Vegetarian Recipes for Every Season by Alexandra Daum
- The New Homemade Kitchen: 250 Recipes and Ideas for Reinventing the Art of Preserving, Canning, Fermenting, Dehydrating, and More by Joseph Shuldiner (one of Deborah Madison’s favorite books)
- Brazilian Food by Thiago Castanho and Luciana Bianchi
- Risotto with Nettles: A Memoir with Food by Anna del Conte
Member Photo of the Week
Scotch bonnet slaw (Haitian pikliz) from Milk Street Tuesday Nights: More Than 200 Simple Weeknight Suppers that Deliver Bold Flavor, Fast (page 230) by Christopher Kimball submitted by member Maefleur
The next book from Christopher Kimball is Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season which will be published on Nov 16, 2021.
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Rum baba with milk ice cream and English raspberries from Great British Chefs – Chef Recipes by Emily Roux and Diego Ferrari
Add Great British Chefs to your bookshelf for 5,001 additional recipes.
Recently we uploaded our 1,149th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and 2 complete recipes Plant Powered Mexican: Fast, Fresh Recipes from a Mexican-American Kitchen by Kate Ramos pub date Nov 9, 2021
- A selection of pages and 6 complete recipes from The Nordic Baker: Plant-Based Bakes and Seasonal Stories from a Kitchen in the Heart of Sweden by Sofia Nordgren pub date Nov 11, 2021
- A selection of pages and 6 complete recipes Weekend: Eating at Home: From Long Lazy Lunches to Fast Family Fixes by Matt Tebbutt pub date Nov 11, 2021
- 3 recipes from The Southern Baking Cookbook: 60 Comforting Recipes Full of Down-South Flavor by Jenn Davis pub date Nov 16, 2021
Click on the Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our US/UK/AU/NZ giveaway to win one of three copies of Ciudad de Mexico: Recipes and Stories from the Heart of Mexico City by Edson Diaz-Fuentes. Contest expires Sep 25, 2021.
- Enter our US/UK/AU/NZ giveaway to win one of three copies of La Vita e Dolce: Italian Inspired Desserts by Letitia Clark. Contest expires Sep 26, 2021.
- Enter our US/UK/AU/NZ giveaway to win one of three copies of Peggy Porschen: A Year in Cake: Seasonal Recipes and Dreamy Style Secrets from London’s Prettiest Bakery. Contest expires Sep 28, 2021.
- Enter our US giveaway to win a copy of Martha Stewart’s Very Good Things: Simple Tips and Genius Ideas for an Easier and More Beautiful Life by Martha Stewart and a product package from GoodCook as well as a cleaning package from Infuse at Casabella. Contest expires Sep 30, 2021.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways.
- antpantsii on Jialin Tian – Ph.D. Pastry Chef – Cookbook Giveaway
- antpantsii on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- antpantsii on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- BMeyer on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway
- sarahteertzah on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- sarahteertzah on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- sarahteertzah on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- sarahteertzah on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway
- mph993 on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- mph993 on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway