2019 IACP Cookbook Award nominees announcedApril 11, 2019 by Darcie
Earlier this evening, the IACP announced the nominees for its 2019 cookbook and food writing awards. You will definitely see many EYB Member favorites, including several tomes that also made the James Beard Foundation’s shortlist, such as Everyday Dorie by Dorie Greenspan, Milk Street: Tuesday Nights by Christopher Kimball, Feast: Food of the Islamic World by Anissa Helou, and Season: Big Flavors, Beautiful Food by Nik Sharma.
IACP added a new category to this year’s awards for self-published books. The addition of this category reminded me that in 2014, IACP raised eyebrows when the self-published Stone Edge Farm Cookbook by John McReynolds came out of nowhere to snag Book of the Year and First Book honors. (I wrote a review of that book shortly after the award was announced.) Jenny was thrilled to see Gnocchi, Solo Gnocchi, a self-published title she championed and reviewed earlier this year, as a nominee in this freshman category.
In addition to the books mentioned above that featured in both IACP and JBF lists, there are a few other tomes to highlight. Naz Deravian’s excellent Bottom of the Pot (among Jenny’s best books of 2018 and featured in a current promotion) was nominated in three categories (First Book: Julia Child Award, General, and International). The Cook’s Atelier: Recipes, Techniques, and Stories from Our French Cooking School by Marjorie Taylor and Kendall Smith Franchini also snagged nominations in multiple categories: Culinary Travel and Food Photography and Styling. And it will come as no surprise that The Noma Guide to Fermentation: Foundations of Flavor by René Redzepi and David Zilber also competes in two categories, Reference & Technical and Chefs & Restaurants. You can view all of the nominees on our IACP 2019 page, and when the winners are announced the page will be updated to include that information as well.
- Lesevans6 on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- mumliz on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Yatota74 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- angiejackson on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- hillsboroks on Panna cotta is having a moment
- sheridarby on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Isis1981uk on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway