Chef’s Table: PastryMarch 20, 2018 by Jenny
Netflix’s Emmy-nominated “Chef’s Table” returns on April 13, and this time they are taking a sweet turn with a look inside the world of internationally recognized pastry chefs. “Chef’s Table: Pastry” follows four different chefs and their unique specialties. The trailer for this series has me excited!
From the official description: “‘Chef’s Table: Pastry’ goes
inside the lives and kitchens of the world’s most renowned
international pastry chefs. Each episode of the four-part series
focuses on a single chef and takes a unique look at their life,
talent, and passion, from their piece of culinary heaven. Dessert
is front and center as viewers learn the history behind Christina
Tosi’s wildly popular and accessible ‘Crack Pie;’ are treated to
luxurious Italian gelato with Corrado Assenza; take in the essence
of a tropical paradise with Will Goldfarb; and gain inspiration
from Jordi Roca’s whimsical masterpieces.”
So you are prepared for this series, make sure you have these pastry icons’ cookbooks ordered and ready!
Will Goldfarb’s Room for Dessert will be published April 6th by Phaidon. Please remember that members of Eat Your Books receive a 30% discount when ordering Phaidon titles using this link. I’ve previewed the electronic version and it is stunning and can’t wait to get my hands on the hard copy.
Christina Tosi’s newest title All About Cake will be published on October 23rd by Clarkson Potter. Milk Bar Life and Momofuku Milk Bar, her previous titles are indexed for our members and favorites of mine.
Jordi Roca’s The Desserts of Jordi Roca: More Than 80 Sweet Recipes and El Celler de Can Roca are both inspirational and elegant. The first of course deals just with desserts while the second is mostly savory.
- Jenniferw88 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- prettypistol on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- prettypistol on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- theBlackbird on CrateChef – Ali Slagle Box Giveaway
- theBlackbird on Bread Ahead Cookbook Giveaway
- capagarujef on Fine Cooking’s last issue
- lepuvam on Explore the sweet-sour punch of tamarind
- vertubirko on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- Indio32 on Food news antipasto
- ericbeatrix on Food news antipasto