Season’s Greetings from EYBDecember 24, 2016 by Darcie
This is one of the busiest weekends on the planet, as for the first time in nearly 40 years, the start of Hanukkah and Christmas Eve fall on the same day. Most of us are likely rushing about with last minute food making, gift wrapping, or other tasks that we should have done days ago (please tell me I’m not the only one).
Even though it can be a stressful time, we should stop to remind ourselves that our heroic holiday cooking efforts do fill us with great joy. Here are a few inspirational food quotes to keep up your spirits, should they be flagging:
“Food is symbolic of love when words are
inadequate.” – Alan D.
“You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” – Paul Prudhomme
“People who love to eat are always the best people.” – Julia Child
“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Whatever you are celebrating this season, whether in a large gathering or small, among friends or family, we wish you a healthy, happy, and joyous occasion – along with many new cookbooks to start the New Year!
- zeeenie on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- ebs on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Holiday Cookies & Cocktails Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Cassoulet Confessions Book Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Pasta Grannies Comfort Cooking – Cookbook Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on The Cocktail Cabinet Cookbook Giveaway & Quick Bites
- e4b4 on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- joke7 on The Complete Chinese Takeout Cookbook Giveaway
- stepspior on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway