Peek inside PruneNovember 13, 2014 by Jane
Gabrielle Hamilton’s new cookbook stands apart, as we’ve previously discussed. We’re excited to announce that we’ve scored an excerpt from Prune to share with EYB Members, plus you can enter our contest for your chance to win a copy! And don’t forget to check Hamilton’s tour dates for the book in our events calendar.
The excerpt below (click on the photo to view the entire excerpt) is for Grilled hamburger with Cheddar cheese on toasted English muffin with parsley shallot butter (photo credit: Eric Wolfinger). Although the recipe is simple and straightforward, Hamilton’s directions are detailed and evocative: “Season each burger all over–top, bottom, and the circumference–with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Hold your hands high and “rain” the salt and pepper.”
We hope you enjoy the glimpse into this unique cookbook.
- Jenniferw88 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- prettypistol on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- prettypistol on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- theBlackbird on CrateChef – Ali Slagle Box Giveaway
- theBlackbird on Bread Ahead Cookbook Giveaway
- capagarujef on Fine Cooking’s last issue
- lepuvam on Explore the sweet-sour punch of tamarind
- vertubirko on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- Indio32 on Food news antipasto
- ericbeatrix on Food news antipasto