No more dry honey cakesSeptember 19, 2009 by Jane
Every Rosh Hashanah I try a different honey cake recipe hoping that this one will not be dry. Although I’m not Jewish (is my second name Kelly a giveaway there?), my husband is, so we get to celebrate (and cook for) double the amount of festivals every year. Finally yesterday, after 17 years of experiments, I found a moist honey cake, a recipe by Helen Nash. It must be the cup of strong tea that makes the difference. I’m not pessimistic by nature, but after 17 tries I was being realistic so I did a back-up dessert of Honey-nut Brownies from Dorie Greenspan’s Baking: From My Home to Yours. These were good though not fantastic – not enough chocolate according to my 14-year old daughter.
While on the subject of Dorie Greenspan and Baking: From My Home to Yours, (my most favorite baking book) I came across a fun blog, Tuesdays with Dorie. Around 275 bakers, all with foodblogs, cook the same recipe from Baking every week and post it on their blogs on Tuesday. Great way to get expert bakers’ impressions of a recipe and see all their different photos of their own interpretations.
- agreaves19 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- emi10383 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Dendav on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Nanaree04 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Spud13 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Sand9 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- jenlhawes on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LoBlom on Food news antipasto
- PhillipJD on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bookmark58 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway