May 2022 EYB Cookbook Club SummaryMay 23, 2022 by Jenny
Each month we offer at least four cooking options in our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club. This month we have been cooking from:
- Cookbooks: Half Baked Harvest Cookbook, Half Baked Harvest Super Simple and Half Baked Harvest: Every Day by Tieghan Gerard
- Baking: The Cake Book: Beautiful Sweet Treats for Every Craving by Rebecca Firth – online recipes
- Online: Half Baked Harvest blog — add to your bookshelf for over 2,500 recipes.
For past EYB Cookbook Club summaries, #EYBCookbookClub will pull up an archive of our club’s activities. Please note our announcement document shared in the club shares all our options (including those in the past). You will find June’s options as well as our 2022 year-long options at the bottom of this post.
An EYB member recently asked what options were available for those not on Facebook. Please post your photos here on EYB as I always check the book’s member images and try to include those as well. We want everyone to participate.
Our Great Big Cookbook Club Roundup shares what is going on in other clubs. The link above will bring up those posts.
Member southerncooker gets a shout out for making the most recipes from our featured books this month. Naan breakfast sandwich with soft scrambled eggs and honey (photo below), Cheddar-fried eggs with bacon and herbs and Mom’s pot roast are just a sampling of the recipes she tried.
KarinaFrancis made the Roasted cauliflower salad with creamy honey mustard vinaigrette from the Half Baked Harvest blog — be sure to add the blog add to your bookshelf for over 2,575 recipes.
Please see the group for more photos!
- Cookbooks: I Dream of Dinner (So You Don’t Have To): Low-Effort, High-Reward Recipes by Ali Slagle – online recipes – or – any recipe from Emiko Davies – cookbooks or online recipes.
- Baking: Mooncakes and Milk Bread: Sweet and Savory Recipes Inspired by Chinese Bakeries by Kristina Cho – online recipes
- Online: Leite’s Culinaria
- Cookbook: Milk Street: The World in a Skillet by Christopher Kimball or any of Kimball’s Milk Street titles
- Baking: Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston’s Flour Bakery + Cafe by Joanne Chang and Christie Matheson
- Online: Any Christopher Kimball online recipe or Joanne Chang
- Throwback month – free to cover anything we have covered in 2022. Please be sure to share book title in your posts for easier approval.
2022 year long options are:
- Cookbook: The Essential New York Times Cookbook: Tenth Anniversary Edition: The Recipes of Record by Amanda Hesser – or – the original The Essential New York Times Cookbook
- Baking: Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere by Dorie Greenspan
- Vegan: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
- Online: Any New York Times or Dorie Greenspan recipe
- sir_ken_g on Everything’s coming up ube
- coryphaeus on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- coryphaeus on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway