What’s your favorite GBBO recipe?September 22, 2021 by Darcie
Now that those in the UK have been able to get their GBBO fix and others are but a few days away, it is time to revisit some of our favorite recipes from the GBBO, as The Telegraph has done. Since that article is behind a paywall (and I have already used my free trial), I will share my favorites and ask that you do the same so we can all find something new to try.
I am always tuned into the technical challenges because they provide a terrific opportunity to learn about classic bakes, some that I already knew but many of which expanded my baking horizons. Povitica was one I hadn’t seen before but became enamored with, and placed in on my “must try” list. Here is where I must sheepishly admit that I have not, in fact, made povitica yet, but in all fairness my “must try” baking list is longer than a CVS receipt.
For the showstopper bakes I was drawn to Candice Brown’s winning ‘Queen Victoria’ strawberry and mango meringue crown. In signature bakes, my favorites include each and every Battenberg cake made by the contestants – I love the idea of a surprise pattern inside a gorgeously decorated cake. Another signature bake I tucked away for later was Dave’s caramel latte custard slices (pictured above). Which recipes from the GBBO have resonated with you?
- Cantino on Why do we drink Champagne on New Year’s Eve?
- kitchen_chick on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Food news antipasto
- birdyscruff on Jeremy Pang’s School of Wok Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on The Nutmeg Trail – Cookbook Giveaway
- nocona on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Vecta2 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway