This week: Ottolenghi YouTube series, Fortnum & Mason Food Award winners, GBBO air date confirmed, upcoming books from GBBO stars and moreSeptember 10, 2021 by Jenny
Mark your calendars! Channel 4 has confirmed that The Great British Bake Off will return on 21 September. This is the second series to be filmed with strict regulations to reduce the potential spread of COVID on the set. The good news this year is that there appears to be no shortage of flour or yeast.
Netflix will stream the shows in the US three days after the UK airing. Accordingly, the first episode will land in the US on Friday, September 24th. I can already hear the comforting theme music playing in my head.
Last week, I updated my post: Which Great British Bake Off Contestants have written books and will share a few of the highlights below:
- The Great British Bake Off: A Bake for All Seasons (Sep 30, 2021 UK; Nov 30, 2021 US) is the book released each year which shares recipes from the bakers and judges.
- Kim-Joy Celebrate with Kim-Joy (Sep 2021)
- Ruby Tandoh – Cook As You Are: Recipes for Real Life, Hungry Cooks and Messy Kitchens (Oct 2021)
- Nadiya Hussain – Nadiya’s Fast Flavours (Oct 2021)
- Edd Kimber – One Tin Bakes Easy: Foolproof Cakes, Traybakes, Bars and Bites from Gluten-free to Vegan and Beyond (Oct 2021) and Small Batch Bakes (Aug 2022)
- Michelle Evans-Fecci (Bake Off 2019) – The Seasonal Baker: Baking All Year Round (May 2022)
- Paul Hollywood – Bake: My Best Ever Recipes for the Classics (Jun 2022)
Darcie and I will prepare our weekly Bake Off recap post beginning September 27th.
The last week on the blog
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Fortnum & Mason Food Awards winners announced
- Father’s Day recipes
- Tomato, tomahto
- The science of cocoa powder
- How to clean out the pantry, tastefully
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Everyday Entertaining Cookbook Giveaway (US)
- Reminder to enter our Sur la Table Online Cookbook Club – Ticket to Event & Dada Eats Cookbook Giveaway (US)
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks (updated)
Please be sure to check our Calendar for author, bookstore and class dates. This week we added links to:
OTK – Ottolenghi Test Kitchen YouTube series. Ottolenghi Test Kitchen: Shelf Love will be released on Sep 30, 2021 in the UK and Oct 19, 2021 in North America.
Bread Ahead Bakery – U.K. classes. Bread Ahead: The Expert Home Baker: A Masterclass in Classic Baking will be released on Oct 26, 2021.
As well as the following new author tours and Sur la Table cooking classes:
- Trisha Yearwood – Trisha’s Kitchen
- Carrie Morey – Hot Little Suppers (Callie’s Biscuit)
- Cassy Joy Garcia – Cook Once Dinner Fix
- Sur la Table Stores
Next week we will have Dorie Greenspan’s complete schedule on our calendar and will update the Modernist Pizza author tour when dates are confirmed.
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers continue to impress, below are a few highlights. Recently indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library so you will always know which titles have just been indexed.
- Med: A Cookbook by Claudia Roden (FYI: US pub date Oct 26, 2021)
- 10-Minute Sourdough: Breadmaking for Real Life by Vanessa Kimbell
- Life Is What You Bake It: Recipes, Stories, and Inspiration to Bake Your Way to the Top by Vallery Lomas Events
- The Pie & Tart Collection: 170 Recipes for the Pie & Tart Enthusiast by Brian Hart Hoffman
- Malibu Farm: Sunrise to Sunset: Simple Recipes All Day by Helene Henderson
- The Little Pine Cookbook: Modern Plant-Based Comfort by Moby
- Flavors of the Sun: The Sahadi’s Guide to Understanding, Buying, and Using Middle Eastern Ingredients by Christine Sahadi Whelan
- Baking for the Holidays: 52 Cozy, Seasonal Treats to Get You through the Winter by Sarah Kieffer
- Veggie Lean in 15: 15 Minute Veggie Meals and Workouts by Joe Wicks
- The Simple Secrets to Cooking Everything Better by Matt Preston
- The New Homemade Kitchen: 250 Recipes and Ideas for Reinventing the Art of Preserving, Canning, Fermenting, Dehydrating, and More by Joseph Shuldiner
- Brazilian Food by Thiago Castanho and Luciana Bianchi
Member Photo of the Week
Fig, blackberry & tahini cake from The New Way to Cake: Simple Recipes with Exceptional Flavor (page 130) by Benjamina Ebuehi submitted by member Laurel21
Benjamina has a new book scheduled to be released in March of 2022: A Good Day to Bake: Slow and Simple Baking Recipes for Every Mood
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Add Fuss Free Flavours to your bookshelf for 896 additional recipes!
Recently we uploaded our 1,136th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and five complete recipes from Italian American: Red Sauce Classics and New Essentials by Angie Rito, Scott Tacinelli and Jamie Feldmar Pub date Oct 5, 2021
- A selection of pages and three complete recipes from Septime, La Cave, Clamato, D’une île by Théophile Pourriat, Benoit Cohen and Bertrand Grébaut Pub date Oct 7, 2021
- A selection of pages and six complete recipes from Slippurinn: Recipes and Stories from Iceland by Gísli Matt Pub date Oct 14, 2021
- A selection of pages and four complete recipes from Three: The Essential Foundations to Redefine Everyday Cooking by Selin Kiazim Pub date Oct 28, 2021
Click on the Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our worldwide giveaway to win one of two copies of The Secret Ingredient Cookbook: 125 Family-Friendly Recipes with Surprisingly Tasty Twists by Kelly Senyei. Contest expires Sep 19, 2021.
- Enter our US giveaway to win a copy of The Pepper Thai Cookbook: Family Recipes from Everyone’s Favorite Thai Mom by Pepper Teigen and Cook Real Hawai’i by Sheldon Simeon. Two great books that bring some exciting flavors to your table. Contest expires Sep 21, 2021.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways.
- Sladea86 on Ideas on how to make EYB work better for you (updated with EYB new features and helpful articles)
- prettypistol on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- janeths on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- janeths on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- raymondantony on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- raymondantony on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- Fyretigger on Have you Phoodled yet?
- maggz19671 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- maggz19671 on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- maggz19671 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway