June 2021 EYB Cookbook Club SummaryJune 23, 2021 by Jenny
Each month we offer at least four cooking options in our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club. This month was a throw back month. We have been repeating any of our favorite books and online options from 2020 and 2021. Those 2020-2021 options can be found here.
For past EYB Cookbook Club summaries, #EYBCookbookClub will pull up an archive of our club’s activities. Please note our announcement document shared in the club shares all our options (including those in the past). You will find our 2021 year-long options and June – September can be found at the bottom of this post.
An EYB member recently asked what options were available for those not on Facebook. Please post your photos here on EYB as I always check the book’s member images and try to include those as well. We want everyone to participate.
We have also started a Great Big Cookbook Club Roundup to share what is going on in other clubs. The link above will bring up those posts.
Now for a brief peek at what we cooked up in June:
Simply Julia by Julia Turshen
Sesame rice bowls with tofu, quickles & peanut sauce submitted by member Shyla S.
Open Kitchen: Inspired Food for Casual Gatherings by Susan Spungen
Roasted strawberry-basil sherbet submitted by member Lisa S.
See You on Sunday: A Cookbook for Family and Friends by Sam Sifton
Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over by Alison Roman
Chicken shawarma from See You on Sunday and Long-roasted eggplant with garlic, labne, and tiny chile croutons from Nothing Fancy submitted by Kimberly K
Six Seasons: A New Way with Vegetables by Joshua McFadden and Martha Holmberg
Risotto with shell beans, sausage, and bitter greens submitted by Linda P.
Simple: Effortless Food, Big Flavours by Diana Henry
Harissa roast carrots, white beans & dill submitted by member Karina F
Falastin: A Cookbook by Sami Tamimi and Tara Wigley
Chicken shawarma pie submitted by Darcie
Please see the EYBCC group for more photos from this month,
- Main option: Milk Street: Tuesday Nights Mediterranean by Christopher Kimball
- Baking option: Zoë Bakes Cakes by Zoë François
- Online option: Christopher Kimball Online Recipes or Diana Henry Online Recipes
- Veg option: Vegetable Simple by Eric Ripert
- Main option: Ripe Figs: Recipes and Stories from Turkey, Greece, and Cyprus by Yasmin Khan
- Baking option: Nadiya Bakes by Nadiya Hussain
- Online option: Jamie Oliver Online Recipes or Yasmin Khan Online Recipes
- Veg option: Veg: Easy & Delicious Meals for Everyone by Jamie Oliver
- Main option: Cook This Book: Techniques That Teach and Recipes to Repeat by Molly Baz or Jew-ish: A Cookbook: Reinvented Recipes from a Modern Mensch by Jake Cohen
- Baking option: Modern Baking: Cakes, Cookies and Everything in Between by Donna Hay or A Good Bake: The Art and Science of Making Perfect Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, Pies, and Breads at Home by Melissa Weller
- Online option: Donna Hay Online Recipes
- Veg option: Chez Panisse Vegetables by Alice Waters or In Praise of Veg: A Modern Kitchen Companion by Alice Zaslavsky – online recipes for Alice
Our year long options for 2021 are:
- Cookbook: Food52 Genius Recipes: 100 Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook by Kristen Miglore
- Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan
- Veg: Six Seasons: A New Way with Vegetables by Joshua McFadden and Martha Holmberg
- Jow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- Jow on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- GrooveHeart on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- cassandralove on Another warning about self-cleaning ovens
- Starry_Joce on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- dafur on Michael Ruhlman mulls over whether food writing is important
- love2chow on Berber&Q: On Vegetables: Cookbook Giveaway
- love2chow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway