December 2020 Great Big Cookbook Club RoundupNovember 18, 2020 by Jenny
As our members know, each month we offer at least four cooking options in our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club. There are other fun cookbook clubs around the interwebs and we’d like to highlight those for those members who might want to cook or bake something other than our choices. We will try to keep you up-to-date on these clubs’ choices by the beginning of each month.
- Main Selection: Simply: Easy Everyday Dishes from the Bestselling Author of Persiana by Sabrina Ghayour
- Baking Selection: One Tin Bakes: Sweet and Simple Traybakes, Pies, Bars and Buns by Edd Kimber * online recipes from the book here and share any of your holiday cookie baking.
- Online Option: Any Sabrina Ghayour online recipes or Edd Kimber online recipes
- Plant-based Option: Any Gaz Oakley recipe * online recipes
For January 2021 selections see this post.
- December’s selection is The Pie Room by Calum Franklin
Hardcover Cook is my favorite cookbook subscription box service.
Above are the main Omnivore, Vegetarian and Baking selections. The full ingredients aren’t shown in the photos – for This Will Make it Taste Good there will be sesame seeds included, for East there will also be coriander seeds and rice vermicelli noodles, and for Pie Camp there will also be organic leaf lard and sweetened coconut included.
See Hardcover Cook’s other cookbook and ingredient bundles – and be prepared for a Black Friday special!
Rainyday Bites – Deborah Balint – Instagram’s first cookbook club – December’s selection is The Flavor Equation: The Science of Great Cooking Explained: More Than 100 Essential Recipes by Nik Sharma
The baking title for December New World Sourdough by Bryan Ford.
Salt & Spine is the leading podcast focused on telling the stories behind cookbooks through in-depth, in-person interviews with compelling authors.
- December’s featured cookbook/cookbook author will be posted when announced.
December’s selection is Pie for Everyone: Recipes and Stories from Petee’s Pie, New York’s Best Pie Shop by Petra Paredez
- December: The Book on Pie: Everything You Need to Know to Bake Perfect Pies by Erin Jeanne McDowell
- January: Black Girl Baking by Jerrelle Guy
- 2020 – all year: Midwest Made: Big, Bold Baking from the Heartland
- 2021 – all year: Patisserie at Home by Melanie Dupuis and Anne Cazor
- December: Open Kitchen: Inspired Food for Casual Gatherings by Susan Spungen
- January, 2021: Ottolenghi Flavour by Yotam Ottolenghi, Ixta Belfrage and Tara Wigley
- 2020 All year-long options: The Modern Cook’s Year and Cooking with Scraps.
- 2021 – Bonus Book: The Flavor Equation: The Science of Great Cooking Explained: More Than 100 Essential Recipes by Nik Sharma
No announcement made for October and November. We will continue to check if something is set for December.
December’s selection is The Mexican Home Kitchen: Over 75 Traditional Home-Style Recipes That Capture the Flavors and Memories of Mexico by Mely Martinez
December’s cookbook choice is Vibrant India: Fresh Vegetarian Recipes from Bangalore to Brooklyn and their Baking Book for December is The Good Book of Southern Baking by Kelly Fields.
Get Cooking Cookbook Club – an Instagram cookbook club. To participate tag your photos with #getcookingcookbookclub and follow the co-hosts Bebe and Steph at Champagne & Cookies and A Whisk and a Spoon respectively on Instagram.
A few other clubs I’ve located:
- krnries on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- TeresaRenee on Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- leknit on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- lils74 on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- kezbabybabe on What’s the best cookbook holder?
- PhillipJD on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- acecil on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway