August 2020 EYB Cookbook Club SummaryAugust 23, 2020 by Jenny
Each month we offer at least four cooking options in our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club. This month we’ve been cooking from the following titles:
- Main Selection: Jubilee: Recipes from Two Centuries of African-American Cooking by Toni Tipton Martin
- Baking Selection: The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum
- Online Option: Australian Gourmet Traveller (online recipes) or Mary Berry (online recipes)
- Plant-based Option: Vegetable Kingdom: The Abundant World of Vegan Recipes by Bryant Terry
For past EYB Cookbook Club summaries, #EYBCookbookClub will pull up an archive of our club’s activities. Please note our announcement document shared in the club shares all our options (including those in the past). You will find the options for September and October at the bottom of this post.
An EYB member recently asked what options were available for those not on Facebook. Please post your photos here on EYB as I always check the book’s member images and try to include those as well. We want everyone to participate.
All the photos below are from Jubilee. I made the pork chops with rich caper-lemon caper sauce and Island banana bread this month as well – and they were both hits.
For more great photos, be sure to check out the group.
- Main Selection: Amá: A Modern Tex-Mex Kitchen by Josef Centeno and Betty Hallock or Isolation Baking: Recipes from My (Post) Confinement Kitchen by Jamie Schler
- Baking Selection: Everyone Can Bake: Simple Recipes to Master & Mix by Dominique Ansel
- Online Option: Australian online recipes (or Australian members can post dishes made from their favorite online sources)
- Plant-based Option: VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health…for Good by Mark Bittman
- Main Selection: Simple: Effortless Food, Big Flavours by Diana Henry
- Baking Selection: Happiness Is Baking: Favorite Desserts from the Queen of Cake by Maida Heatter
- Online Option: Great British Chefs – Chef Recipes
- Plant-based Option: Start Simple: Eleven Everyday Ingredients for Countless Weeknight Meals by Lukas Volger or any other Volger title
- minbody on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- mcrimmins on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- Maefleur on Amber & Rye Cookbook Giveaway
- klrclark on Martha Stewart’s Very Good Things; GoodCook and Infuse by Casabella Cleaning Products – Giveaway
- Su2cool on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway
- Su2cool on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- klrclark on Baked to Perfection – Cookbook Giveaway
- klrclark on Bowls & Broths Cookbook Giveaway
- Jereitz3549 on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway
- wildchild on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway