March 2020 EYB Cookbook Club SummaryMarch 24, 2020 by Jenny
We have a helpful community here at Eat Your Books that has flowed into our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club where we share our successes and fails in cooking and baking from specific cookbook titles.
This month we’ve been cooking from the following titles:
- Main Selection: Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains or Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods by Tieghan Gerard
- Online Option: Any Joanne Chang online recipe or any Annabel Langbein online recipe
- Baking: Pastry Love: A Baker’s Journal of Favorite Recipes by Joanne Chang
- Plant-based: Any vegan or plant-based cookbook
For past EYB Cookbook Club summaries, #EYBCookbookClub will pull up an archive of our club’s activities. Please note our announcement document shared in the club shares all our options (including those in the past). You will find the options for April-July at the bottom of this post, as well.
In order to provide our members with multiple opportunities to participate, especially during this trying time, I have selected as many member suggestions as possible for the following four months.
Pecan Banana Bread Overnight Oats from Half Baked Harvest submitted by Erin J.
Healthier Slow-cooker Butter Chicken from Half Baked Harvest submitted by Mona L
Black Pepper Buffalo Cauliflower Bites from HBH Super Simple submitted by Joan O.
Sesame-Crusted Salmon, HBH Super Simple submitted by Kimberly P
Thin crispy chocolate chip cookies from Pastry Love submitted by Kimberly K
Anzacs from Pastry Love submitted by Julie HC
There are many other photographs in the group!
- Main Selection: Greenfeast: Spring, Summer or Greenfeast: Autumn, Winter by Nigel Slater
- Baking Selection: Midwest Made: Big, Bold Baking from the Heartland by Shauna Sever
- Online Option: Any Nigel Slater online recipe
- Plant-Based Option: Any Deborah Madison cookbook or online recipe.
- Main Selection: Cool Beans: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking with the World’s Most Versatile Plant-Based Protein, with 125 Recipes by Joe Yonan
- Baking Selection: Flour Water Salt Yeast: The Fundamentals of Artisan Bread and Pizza by Ken Forkish
- Online Option: Joe Yonan online
- Plant-based Option: Any recipes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- Main Selection: Dinner in French: My Recipes by Way of France by Melissa Clark or Open Kitchen: Inspired Food for Casual Gatherings by Susan Spungen
- Baking Selection: Bake from Scratch, Volume 4: Artisan Recipes for the Home Baker
- Online Option: Melissa Clark online or Susan Spungen online
- Plant-based Option: Any recipes from Mollie Katzen
- Main Selection: Falastin: A Cookbook by Sami Tamimi or See You on Sunday: A Cookbook for Family and Friends by Sam Sifton
- Baking Selection: Any recipes from Alice Medrich
- Online Option: Sami Tamimi online, Alice Medrich online, Sam Sifton online
- Plant-based Option: Any recipes from Angela Liddon (Oh She Glows)
- Jow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- Jow on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- GrooveHeart on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- cassandralove on Another warning about self-cleaning ovens
- Starry_Joce on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- dafur on Michael Ruhlman mulls over whether food writing is important
- love2chow on Berber&Q: On Vegetables: Cookbook Giveaway
- love2chow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway