May 2019 Cookbook PreviewsMay 12, 2019 by Jenny
It’s preview time! This month’s releases bring us a nice variety of titles from Italian small plates to pizza making, barbecue secrets, to unleashing vegetables from the amazing Jose Andrés. EYBDigital titles are noted and other pertinent information is shared.
- Piatti: Plates and Platters for Sharing, Inspired by Italy by Stacey Adimando
Pesto: The Modern Mother Sauce: More Than 90 Inventive Recipes That Start with Homemade Pestos by Leslie Derene Lennox has me rethinking the use of pesto in its variations for more than just pasta. Adding a pesto to a sandwich, roasted potatoes, soups and more can add new life to your weekly menu and turn the ordinary to the extraordinary.
Genuine Pizza: Better Pizza at Home by Michael Schwartz is a vibrantly illustrated guidebook for creating unforgettable pies at home. With this cookbook, Schwartz makes the pizza process approachable and fun, giving the reader the tools they need to make better pizza and then run with them. First providing a clear and simple view of the fundamentals – with detailed step-by-step methods for making the best pizza doughs – Schwartz then empowers home cooks to mix and match ingredients, playing with different sauces, cheeses, meats, vegetables, and more, to build pies both classic and innovative.
- Tasting Table’s Cooking with Friends: The Bible for Entertaining Today by Geoff Bartakovics is the first cookbook from TastingTable.com, whose delicious content inspires more than three million foodies daily, features recipes for the new style of entertaining where everyone pitches in.
- Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue with Recipes from Skylight Inn and Sam Jones BBQ by Sam Jones and Daniel Vaughn breaks down everything you need to know from building a pit to recipes for sides, sauces and more. Let your inner pitmaster go whole hog!
- Vegetables Unleashed: A Cookbook by José Andrés and Matt Goulding
- Pok Pok Noodles: Recipes from Thailand and Beyond by Andy Ricker and JJ Goode is further proof that Ricker is the master of Thai cuisine. The book is filled with recipes from Noodle soup with fish balls to Dry stewed beef noodles and everything in between. I am all about noodle dishes lately and have dozens of recipes already marked to try!
- Pâté, Confit, Rillette: Recipes from the Craft of Charcuterie by Brian Polcyn and Michael Ruhlman
- The Recipe: Classic Dishes for the Home Cook From the World’s Best Chefs by Josh Emett is brilliant. Filled with gorgeous photography and “the recipe” for each dish presented – it is a must have.
- Smoke, Roots, Mountain, Harvest: Recipes + Stories from My Appalachian Home by Lauren McDuffie
- Just Peachy by Belinda Smith-Sullivan is an EYBD title. A promotion on this book will be shared this week.
- Madhur Jaffrey’s Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Madhur Jaffrey
- Little Green Kitchen: Simple Vegetarian Family Recipes by David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl is an EYBD title. For more information, please see our promotion and giveaway post.
- Southern Smoke: Barbecue, Traditions, and Treasured Recipes Reimagined for Today by Matthew Register is an EYBD title. For more information, please see our promotion and giveaway post.
- The Peached Tortilla: Modern Asian Comfort Food from Tokyo to Texas by Eric Silverstein
- Tel Aviv: Food. People. Stories. A Culinary Journey by Haya Molcho and Nuriek Molcho
- Perfect Pan Pizza: Square Pies to Make at Home, from Roman, Sicilian, and Detroit, to Grandma Pies and Focaccia by Peter Reinhart is not only a pizza lover’s dream but any cook will be able to pull bits and pieces (marmalades, sauces and more) from this title to level up their cooking.
- The Huckle & Goose Cookbook by Anca Toderic and Christine Lucaciu
- The Smart Baby Cookbook by Lauren Cheney is an EYBD title. This book provides a blueprint for your child’s nutrition and brain health. Doctor-approved and parent-tested, this title helps you give your young one a head-start for a healthy life, beginning with the best first foods, through to finger foods and family meals
- The Keto for One Cookbook by Dana Carpender is an EYBD title. Here you will get 100 delicious dishes for every meal of the day – perfectly proportioned and macro-balanced.
- Black Sea by Caroline Eden is an EYBD title and a full promotion will be coming soon. It is a beautiful book filled with the captivating writing the author is known for and delicious recipes and photographs to inspire.
BBQ&A with Myron Mixon: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Barbecue by Myron Mixon will be the novice or experienced griller’s go-to reference for all things barbecue. Sit down with Mixon and learn from a master.
The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook: The Best Healthy Recipes for Your Air Fryer by Gina Homolka and Heather K. Jones
- California: Living + Eating: Recipes Inspired by the Golden State by Eleanor Maidment is a stunner filled with inspirational photos and recipes that are tempting, approachable and west coast inspired.
The Burger Book: Banging Burgers, Buns and Sauces to Cook On or Off the BBQ by Christian Stevenson is not only about beef burgers – it is packed with burger recipes covering options for fish, chicken, veggie, vegan, pork, and lamb. It covers buns, sauces, sides and all the delicious BBQ flavors and madcap shenanigans that you’ve come to expect from DJ BBQ and his crew.
The Teen Kitchen: Recipes We Love to Cook by Emily Allen and Lyla Allen shares 75 recipes to encourage teens to get into the kitchen and cook. Asian slaw lettuce wraps, Pumpkin wonton raviolis and PB&J breakfast bars are a few examples of the dishes you will find here.
- The Prairie Table: Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together by Karlynn Johnston
Bazaar: Vibrant Vegetarian Recipes by Sabrina Ghayour was published in the UK last month and now here in the US in May.
Delicious Places: New Food Culture, Restaurants and Interiors takes a look at all things food worldwide with a photographic journey around the globe. I just received this book last evening and will have more for you soon!
Anthony Bourdain Remembered by CNN
- Coconut Lagoon: Recipes from a South Indian Kitchen by Joe Thottungal is an EYBD being released in Canada this month and is coming to the US in September. The restaurant chef shares the recipes that has made his restaurant a huge success.
- The Island Kitchen: Recipes from Mauritius and the Indian Ocean by Selina Periampillai
- The Greek Vegetarian Cookbook by Heather Thomas. Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- Street Food Vietnam: Noodles, Salads, Pho, Spring Rolls, Banh Mi & More by Michael Nguyen
- Breakfast: The Cookbook by Emily Elyse Miller Please shares recipes from around the world for the most important meal of the day. The author is the founder of The Breakfast Club and here she shares her extensive research on how breakfast is approached worldwide. Please remember Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
- Andalusia: Recipes from Seville and Beyond by José Pizarro is being published in the UK and AU this month and will be released next month in the US when we will have a full promotion and giveaway. This is an EYBD title and if you buy the book within the promotion period you will receive digital access here at EYB.
- Tin Can Cook: 75 Simple Store-cupboard Recipes by Jack Monroe
- GreenFeast: Spring Summer by Nigel Slater
- Bekwoh: Stories & Recipes from Peninsula Malaysia’s East Coast by Bryan Koh
- Gelato Messina: The Recipes by Nick Palumbo
Magnolia Kitchen: Inspired Baking with Personality by Bernadette Gee is a lovely book filled with recipes from the baker behind the Magnolia Kitchen. Bets (Bernadette) is celebrated not only for her gorgeous cakes but also for her macarons, doughnuts, brioche, gourmet s’mores and many more mouth-watering treats. In her first cookbook she shares her journey and her widely sought-after recipes so that you can enjoy the deliciousness at home. With step-by-step instructions for cake decorating and making macarons, and a full range of allergy-friendly recipes, this is a must-have book for anyone interested in baking and eating.
I hope to have a few more of these titles soon and will update the preview post as well as include more information in my Cookbook Review.
- Plutarch on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- gamulholland on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- cindyr on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- KarinaFrancis on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- hillsboroks on Food news antipasto
- katylynnf on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- dlduncan11 on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- dataentrytard on The Tomte Cake and Giveaway
- jezpurr on Trap Kitchen Mac N All Over the World: Quick Bites – Cookbook Giveaway
- BrandiRae on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway