Introducing the Eat Your Books Cookbook ClubSeptember 19, 2017 by Jenny
We are happy to announce the Eat Your Books Cookbook Club – an online cooking group where we will cook through one or more cookbooks every month, share our photos and thoughts on the recipes and have fun! Beginning in October, I will do a recap of what folks are cooking up in the group and share it twice monthly here on the Eat Your Books blog.
There are no set rules – if a book (or the alternate) doesn’t appeal to you feel free to skip that month. The only requirement is that you purchase the book and do not share the actual recipes from the titles. If recipes are online, you may, of course, participate in that fashion. Pick one, two or more recipes that appeal to you to cook – of course no one can cook an entire book of recipes in one month. This is a fun exercise not meant to be a chore. If you cook one recipe, great – if you cook a dozen, great – if the book doesn’t appeal to you (or the alternate choices) skip that month. If you want to join the group to just see what others are cooking, keep up with EYB news or comment on anothers post only that is fine too.
Previously known as The Cookbook Junkies Cookbook Club, we already have 3,900 members (45,000 members in The Cookbook Junkies group). We have featured some great titles already The Harvest Baker, Dinner Changing the Game, Eat in My Kitchen and a few others. The other benefit of joining the group is that you will never miss a giveaway or kindle deal as I will share those in the group as well. (Also being done in The Cookbook Junkies).
Tentatively, we have already scheduled out the rest of the year as follows:
- September – Bread Toast Crumbs or The Silver Palate Cookbook
- October – Victuals or Orange Appeal, any Southern title, or any Donna Hay recipe from one of her cookbooks or her online recipes that we have indexed here at Eat Your Books
- November – Half Baked Harvest or any Diana Henry cookbook or her online recipes that we have indexed here at Eat Your Books.
- December – Six Seasons or Salt, Fat, Acid and Heat and throughout December share your favorite holiday cookies and treats.
Please remember when you post in our group – to also upload a photo and notes to your bookshelf here at Eat Your Books – learn more.
In late November, I will set up a poll so that everyone can vote for cookbooks to feature in 2018.
Come join us – we will have a great time! The cookbook club is a place to try new recipes from our books, inspire each other and share.
- kitchen_chick on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- Radley on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- Radley on The Spanish Home Kitchen – Cookbook Giveaway
- GreenhouseCheryl on Small Batch Bakes & Nordic Ware Sheet Pan Giveaway
- trudys_person on Small Batch Bakes & Nordic Ware Sheet Pan Giveaway
- GreenhouseCheryl on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- FattyNaddy on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- traceymayer63 on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- traceymayer63 on The Spanish Home Kitchen – Cookbook Giveaway
- Melissa1019 on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway