Add your own photos to recipes on your BookshelfSeptember 29, 2016 by Darcie
Have you ever made a recipe on your Bookshelf that turned out so well that you thought your version should be the image that represents the dish? Or perhaps you have searched for a recipe and found one in a book with no images and you wished that you had a photo of the finished dish for reference. If either of these situations applies to you, you’ll love the new feature available to EYB Members – being able to add your own photo to any recipe on your Bookshelf.
The process to add photos is simple: click on any recipe title on your Bookshelf and you will see an “Upload image” button; click on it and follow the simple instructions. You can use an image from your computer or snap a photo with your smartphone and upload it in seconds. The image will appear on your Bookshelf immediately (just refresh the page) and will be available for everyone else to see after we have reviewed it to make sure it is not inappropriate. If there is an official image for the recipe it will appear first, followed by your own photos, then photos of other Members with the most recently added photos first. There is a gallery below the photos that you can scroll through to see them all (see below for an example of multiple photos).
Please remember that this feature is only for your own photographs, not images from other online sources or from books. All copyright laws apply to the uploading of images to EYB; if you infringe on anyone’s copyright you may be held liable for damages (check our Terms & Conditions). We’re eager to see photographs from all of our Members, so please start snapping pictures and sharing them with us!
See Darcie’s later post about how to take the best food photos with your phone camera.
- All Posts (6193)
- Antipasto (1796)
- Author Articles (237)
- Book News (894)
- Cookbook Giveaways (880)
- Cookbook Lovers (242)
- Cooking Tips (89)
- Culinary News (289)
- Food Biz People (517)
- Food Online (719)
- Holidays & Celebrations (236)
- New Cookbooks (127)
- Recipes (1356)
- Shelf Life With Susie (231)
- What's New on EYB (121)
- sarahteertzah on Cookbook Giveaway: Baking by Feel
- rkosully on Cookbook Giveaway: RecipeTin Eats & Emile Henry oven; Quick Bites
- GiselleMarie on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- dnortje31 on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- cellenly on Cookbook/prize package giveaway: My Vermont Table
- cellenly on Cookbook Giveaway: The Kids Book of Challah
- tmjellicoe on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- roxlet on Cookbook Giveaway: RecipeTin Eats & Emile Henry oven; Quick Bites
- michalow on Giveaway: Hoppers: The Cookbook
- michalow on Cookbook Giveaway: On the Curry Trail & an Emile Henry stew pot