Gabriele Corcos’ Cookbook CollectionSeptember 15, 2017 by Jenny
Earlier this month, I shared a post on how our cookbook collections stack up sharing some friends’ photos and other information. Today, Gabriele Corcos was the subject of my Friday Flashback featuring his books Extra Virgin and Super Tuscan written with his actress wife, Debi Mazar.
Below is a photo of Gabriele’s office/cookbook library which he is graciously sharing with us today.
Gabriele kindly answered a few questions as well.
Q: What was your very first cookbook?
Gabriele: I started cooking using the “Talismano della Felicita'” by Ada Boni when I was 6 years old. Early Sunday morning in the kitchen was all for myself. I would bake a cake a week (I would also price it and serve it in bed to my parents who at that point had to pay for breakfast). Boni’s book used to be a staple wedding gift between the 70s and 90s and every family in Italy has it in their kitchen. My first recipe was an Almond Cake.
Q: How many cookbooks do you own?
Gabriele: Roughly 900!
Q: Lastly, which cookbooks are your favorites?
Gabriele, thank you for sharing your collection with us today. Michael Solomonov as well as a few other of our favorites authors are working on pieces for Eat Your Books – look for those and our member features soon.
- Plutarch on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- gamulholland on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- cindyr on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- KarinaFrancis on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- hillsboroks on Food news antipasto
- katylynnf on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- dlduncan11 on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- dataentrytard on The Tomte Cake and Giveaway
- jezpurr on Trap Kitchen Mac N All Over the World: Quick Bites – Cookbook Giveaway
- BrandiRae on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway