Bread Toast Crumbs by Alexandra StaffordApril 26, 2017 by Jenny
Bread Toast Crumbs: Recipes for
No-Knead Loaves & Meals to Savor Every Slice by Alexandra
Stafford is the debut cookbook from the writer behind Alexandra’s
Kitchen. I love this book!
Right off, we learn that for years the author’s mother lied about her bread recipe (stating it was a King Arthur recipe from the back of the bag) whenever anyone asked for it. That recipe – the subject of fun-spirited deceit for years – has never been shared until now – it’s front and center at the beginning of this book. This story won me over. I want to hang with the author and her mom.
There are 75 pages of gorgeous bread recipes from Apple, Almond, and Thyme Bread to Dark Chocolate Loaf in the Bread section. The Toast portion shares 60 pages of recipes to use those loaves from Breakfast Strata with Sausage, Onion and Cheddar to Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches. The author finishes with Crumbs which has 70 pages of recipes for Salads, Sides, Pasta, Mains and Sweets.
The selection of recipes are a perfect balance to make any cook happy – breads that are totally approachable and recipes to utilize those bread recipes are a huge bonus. I made the Vinaigrette Toasts with Soft-Boiled Eggs for Andrew and myself the other evening and it was wonderful. We already have several other recipes slated to be made – the Orecchiette with Brown Butter, Brussels Sprouts, and Crumbs, Fried Custard Cream, and the Savory Monkey Bread with Gruyére, Scallions and Bacon – yes please.
Bread Toast Crumbs would make an ideal gift for Mother’s Day, a hostess gift, housewarming present (with something made from the pages as a bonus) or a just because you deserve a beautiful cookbook gift. I’m hoping that The Cookbook Junkies Cookbook Club will cook through it this Fall.
Special thanks to Alexandra and Clarkson Potter for sharing this showstopping Frittata with our members – a great dish to make for Mother’s Day brunch! Be sure to head over to our contest page to enter our giveaway for three copies of Alexandra’s book along with a lovely bowl and bowl cover set supplied by the author herself for one lucky winner.
4. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook the frittata until just set, 2 to 5 minutes, keeping a close watch to prevent overcooking-the eggs will continue to cook out of the oven.
- foodie16 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LUmbro on Fine Cooking’s last issue
- Shelmar on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- FattyNaddy on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- dhiza on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- zeahund on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- lauren424 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- JEWGAL777 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway