JBF announces 2017 media award winnersApril 25, 2017 by Darcie
At a gala held this evening, the James Beard Foundation announced its 2017 James Beard Media Award winners. This year will definitely go down as the Year of the South in American cookbooks. While Deep Run Roots was the runaway winner in the IACP awards, Ronni Lundy swept the JBF, winning in the American Cooking category as well as receiving the coveted Cookbook of the Year honor for her book Victuals: An Appalachian Journey, with Recipes.
Other EYB Member favorites snagged awards too. Dorie Greenspan took home the title for best Baking and Dessert book with Dorie’s Cookies, and Meike Peters won the General Cooking category with Eat in My Kitchen. The latter book is currently the focus of the Cookbook Junkies cookbook club.
Naomi Duiguid’s Taste of Persia won the International category, and the Photography award went to Naomi Pomeroy’s Taste & Technique. The Single Subject winner was Nick Haddow’s Milk.Made. : A Book about Cheese. (Don’t forget to enter our contest for your chance to win a copy of Milk.Made. plus Melts: Over 50 Delicious Toasted and Grilled Sandwich Recipes AND some Cabot cheese!)
See all of the 2017 winners on our James Beard Foundation Awards page.
- aesop57 on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- kmwyman on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- dbielick on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- jd5761 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- jd5761 on Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites
- Tattybatts on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- SheenaBatey on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway