Test your breakfast “Eat-Q”July 11, 2016 by Darcie
Gobs of quizzes on every subject imaginable pop up in my news feed on a daily basis. I am not usually tempted by many of them – that is, unless they involve food. Then I might take a peek. When the source of the quiz is the James Beard Foundation, of course I will click away. The JBF has just posted a ten-question quiz on breakfast that might be a bit more challenging than the standard clickbait variety.
The quiz contained plenty of history and trivia, with questions like “When was the first recipe for an egg sandwich published?” The possible answers were a) 1925, b) 1950, c) 1897, or d) 1776. (Sorry, no spoilers!) If you know which breakfast treats were regulated by which French monarchs, or which country consumes the most doughnuts per capita, you’ll do a lot better than I did.
Take the quiz and if you are brave, let everyone know how you did in the comments. I hope you perform better than my meager 40% score.
- matag on This week: When good cookbooks do bad things; EYBD Previews of upcoming releases; recipes; and more
- greentoad on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- greentoad on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- hawaiieat on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- hawaiieat on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- hawaiieat on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- pfgarden on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- reader1trees on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- reader1trees on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Su2cool on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway