Test to see if you’re just a little obsessed with foodSeptember 11, 2013 by Lindsay
Here at EYB, we happen to intensely dislike the word “foodie” and try to avoid using it, but in this case it may be appropriate. At least BuzzFeed, in their list of 22 Problems Only Foodies Will Understand, thinks so. So, take this test and find out how many of these strike a chord – and may mark a tiny obsession. We should note that we’ve only listed the criteria – there are humerous videos, photos, and captions if you link to the Buzz article:
- The never-ending need to try new foods.
- The overwhelming need to order something different everytime you eat out.
- Not being able to order the same thing someone at your tabled ordered, because that would be insane.
- Lying about where all your money goes.
- Risking your vacation by eating authentic street food.
- Being called a “foodie” from people who think they’re trying to be cute.
- Waiting in line, seemingly forever, just to try the “newest thing.”
- Driving hours to try the “best taco you’ve ever tasted.”
- Understanding what a “deconstructed” dish is, but not what The Restoration was.
- Not understanding people who think seafood is gross.
- Getting irrationally angry when chain restaurants try to get creative.
- Getting jealous when you see what the guy at the table next to you ordered.
- Resisting throttling people when they say plebian things, like “cilantro tastes like soap.”
- Realizing you are eating something awesome that you probably will never eat again.
- Lamenting the fact that you never ate at El Bulli.
- Constantly searching for the perfect “crunch” or “acid” factor in a dish.
- Planning your trips around the business hours of restaurants.
- Feeling obligated to try the food from every food truck you see.
- Fighting the urge to consistently watch food porn.
- When you use terms like “macerate” and “sous-vide,” much to the chagrin of others.
- Facing the fact that you will never be satisfied.
They don’t mention how many you have to identify with to label yourself as food-centric (or foodie if you prefer), but we’d pretty much guess that 10 or more pretty squarely puts you there.
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Ya gotta keep ’em separated
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway