Rhubarbgate & the great caviar heistSeptember 13, 2012 by Lindsay
Well we’ve tried to stay above the political fray, but this story by Marian Burros Food Fight: Current And Former White House Chefs Dish On Their Presidential Service, was just too good to pass up. Burros writes about a panel presentation given by former White House chefs at the Association of Food Journalists.
Some of the chefs were notably discrete and only willing to tell stories along the lines that Barack Obama won’t eat beets and while he loves pecan pie (which Bill Clinton doesn’t) he doesn’t like chocolate pecan pie. But Roland Mesnier, a White House pastry chef for 26 years, (check out his beautiful pastry books in the EYB library) spared no victims, being particularly critical of Obama state dinners, as they aren’t “showy enough anymore at the White House.”
So if you want the real dirt on the White House garden (hint:
it’s restocked), and need a political fix but can’t take any more
speeches, this article is for you.
- kmwyman on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- dbielick on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- jd5761 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- jd5761 on Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites
- Tattybatts on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- SheenaBatey on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway