Basic cooking plus foods of the futureApril 18, 2012 by Lindsay
We’ve recently run across two insightful, but quite different interviews about cooking and food. In the first, Mark Bittman discusses his new book, How to Cook Everything: The Basics. And, per usual, he doesn’t sugar coat his opinions, stating frankly, “We know people skip two or three generations learning how to cook. Everyone with a brain acknowledges cooking is important.” So if you want to learn how to cook, and have a brain, check out Mark’s latest.
And getting as far away from basics as possible, on Huff Post Food Josh Schonwald reveals the 7 foods you’ll see more of in 2042. His interspecies flavor pairings strike us as quite believable. As he points out, in Israel they’re already growing cherry tomatoes with lemon basil flavoring gentically added. But the stem cell hamburger?
- janv on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- janv on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- minbody on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- mcrimmins on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- Maefleur on Amber & Rye Cookbook Giveaway
- klrclark on Martha Stewart’s Very Good Things; GoodCook and Infuse by Casabella Cleaning Products – Giveaway
- Su2cool on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway
- Su2cool on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- klrclark on Baked to Perfection – Cookbook Giveaway
- klrclark on Bowls & Broths Cookbook Giveaway