Best cookbooks of 2011January 18, 2012 by Fiona
At the end of every year the lists of Top or Best or Favorite cookbooks start appearing. For the 3rd year running we’ve compiled all these lists for the Eat Your Books Best of the Best Cookbooks list. This year we’re delighted to announce joint winners – Momofuku Milk Bar by Christina Tosi and Plentyby Yotam Ottolenghi. The list is an amalgamation of 195 Best of 2011 lists from TV, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, Websites, Blogs and Booksellers across the world so it is apt that a baking book from a New York bakery and a vegetarian book from a London café were the winners. The 3rd spot was taken by Jacques Pépin with Essential Pepin – with 60 years as a chef and the author of 26 cookbooks Jacques would be one of very few authors who could produce a cookbook with over 800 favorite recipes.
This is the second year that a Momofuku book has won, in 2009 David Chang’s restaurant book Momofuku took the top spot and interestingly this is the 2nd year running Plenty has appeared in the list. Last year it came 6th as it was released in the UK in 2010 and this year it’s become a huge success in the US as well. It’s an amazing achievement for an author these days to be successful in the US, UK and Australia/New Zealand, without having their own TV show. To find out more about how we compile this list and to see who made the Top 10 go to the Best of the Best Cookbooks of 2011. Also listed are the top books for Britain, Canada, Australia, Drinks, Vegetarian & Vegan and Memoirs.
- Cantino on Why do we drink Champagne on New Year’s Eve?
- kitchen_chick on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Food news antipasto
- birdyscruff on Jeremy Pang’s School of Wok Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- birdyscruff on The Nutmeg Trail – Cookbook Giveaway
- nocona on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Vecta2 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway