Julie & JuliaAugust 12, 2009 by Jane
Saw ‘Julie & Julia’ last night and loved it. Based on the books My Life in France by Julia Child and Julie & Julia by Julie Powell, this juxtapositions the two stories. Julia is finding herself through French cooking (then relatively unknown in US home kitchens) and Julie is finding herself by cooking her way through Julia’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking and then blogging about it. I’ve read reviews that didn’t like the way the two stories fit together but I thought it worked well. I’ve also read a lot of negative comments about Julie’s “lack of seriousness” which I find odd. How much more serious can you be about cooking than to cook your way through 524 French recipes in one year? And is it wrong to then be funny about it? Anyway, I loved both books and the movie – am I not discriminating enough?
BTW – we have 16 books by and about Julia on EYB.
- agreaves19 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- emi10383 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Dendav on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Nanaree04 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Spud13 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Sand9 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- jenlhawes on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LoBlom on Food news antipasto
- PhillipJD on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bookmark58 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway