This week: Baking, baking, and more baking; recipes; EYBD Previews and moreSeptember 16, 2022 by Jenny
It must be the promise of autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere and the fact that The Great British Bake Off is back, because my mind has been on all things baking.
I came across this article that features the best 100 baking blogs and websites to follow which also includes links to vegan, eggless, paleo, pie specific sites, etc. I particularly love the breakdown by types of baking (cake, pies, vegan etc) and country where the blogger is located.
A few of my favorites are:
- Jane’s Patisserie (Jane Dunn’s books are fantastic)
- The Vanilla Bean Blog (Sarah Kieffer books are equally fantastic and she has a new one slated for 2023 – 100 Morning Treats)
- Eat the Love (Irvin Lin author of Marbled, Swirled, and Layered). You can add all the Eat the Love recipes to your Bookshelf here.
Eat Your Books indexes eight baking specific blogs – almost all of which are on the best blog list above.
How many of our Members have started their baking plans for this season? Is it too early to think about holiday baking? I say, never!
The last week on Eat Your Books
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Fonio’s popularity grows
- Could you live without sliced bread?
- Gourmet Traveller announces 2023 Restaurant Award finalists
- Last chance to download Fine Cooking recipes
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Delicious Gatherings: Recipes to Celebrate Together Prize Package (US)
- Around the Table – Cookbook Giveaway (US/NZ/AU)
- 2023 Cookbook Preview Listing – updated with new titles
- September 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary
- Fall/autumn preview: Part II – Non-baking titles (Fall/Autumn 2022 Cookbook Preview: Part I: The Baking Titles)
- Cookbook deals are updated when time permits so check that post for new sales — the publisher links automatically update (the ICYMI post explains the post in detail).
- Please be sure to check our Calendar for other events and classes updated September 14th.
My Instagram is thecookbookjunkies.
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers are working hard indexing titles, both new and old. Below are just a few highlighted titles. A reminder: newly indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library and your Bookshelf so you will always know which titles have just been indexed. Recent indexed magazines can be found here. For information on member indexing, please see this roundup with more details.
- India Express: Fresh and Flavourful Recipes for Every Day by Rukmini Iyer
- Pasta Grannies Comfort Cooking: Traditional Family Recipes From Italy’s Best Home Cooks by Vicky Bennison
- Orchard: Recipes from a Kitchen Garden by James Rich
- Complete Home Comforts: Over 150 Recipes from the Hit TV Series by James Martin
- Oren: A Personal Collection of Recipes and Stories From Tel Aviv by Oded Oren
- Meliz’s Kitchen: Simple Turkish-Cypriot Comfort Food and Fresh Family Feasts by Meliz Berg
- Perfect Pasta at Home: Pasta Evangelists: Bring Italy to Your Kitchen with Over 80 Quick and Delicious Recipes by Roberta D’Elia and Finn Lagun
- Masa: Techniques, Recipes, and Reflections on a Timeless Staple by Jorge Gaviria
- The Vegan Chinese Kitchen: Recipes and Modern Stories from a Thousand-Year-Old Tradition by Hannah Che
- Healthy & Delicious Instant Pot: Inspired Meals With a World of Flavor by America’s Test Kitchen
- Betty Crocker’s Cookbook For Boys and Girls: Facsimile Edition by Betty Crocker Editors
- Joyce Chen Cook Book by Joyce Chen
- Sweet Savory Spicy: Exciting Street Market Food from Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and More by Sarah Tiong – look for Sarah’s next book Sarah Tiong’s Modern Asian (March 2023)
Member Photo of the Week
Garlic bread egg in a hole with mushrooms from I Dream of Dinner (So You Don’t Have To): Low-Effort, High-Reward Recipes (page 53) by Ali Slagle submitted by member Lots_of_fun_nyc
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Recently, we uploaded our 1,392nd EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages are available including the titles below.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and one complete recipe from Pasta Grannies Comfort Cooking: Traditional Family Recipes From Italy’s Best Home Cooks by Vicky Bennison
- A selection of pages and four recipes from JapanEasy Bowls & Bento: Simple and Satisfying Japanese Recipes for All Day, Every Day by Tim Anderson Pub date October 13, 2022.
- A selection of pages and four recipes from Diasporican: A Puerto Rican Cookbook by Illyanna Maisonet Pub date October 18, 2022
- A selection of pages and six recipes from Hoppers: The Cookbook: Recipes, Memories and Inspiration from Sri Lankan Homes, Streets and Beyond by Karan Gokani Pub date October 27, 2022.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways including those open worldwide and to other regions.
- Plutarch on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- gamulholland on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- cindyr on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- KarinaFrancis on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- hillsboroks on Food news antipasto
- katylynnf on Matt Lucas is leaving the GBBO
- dlduncan11 on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- dataentrytard on The Tomte Cake and Giveaway
- jezpurr on Trap Kitchen Mac N All Over the World: Quick Bites – Cookbook Giveaway
- BrandiRae on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway