‘Meal Prep King’ author loses publisher after online rantAugust 16, 2022 by Darcie
Penguin UK recently dropped John Clark, the self-proclaimed ‘Meal Prep King’, from its roster following the author’s misogynistic rants during a live stream on Twitter. Clark rose to fame with his partner Charlotte Deniz, after they began sharing their diet and meal prep planning on TikTok and Instagram. The duo amassed over 1.5 million followers on TikTok and about 400,000 on Instagram.
In 2019, Penguin signed Clark to a two-book deal including 2020’s bestseller The Meal Prep King Plan. The book was not a huge hit amongst EYB Members but did sell very well. A follow up book was released earlier this year, The Meal Prep King: Prep Yourself Slim, but that book was not added to the EYB Library.
During a livestream, Clark made incredibly derogatory statements, calling women crude names and saying that while he was “not against women” he did not agree with “fucking women thinking they have some sort of hierarchy”. A former fan who posted a clip of the livestream said that this was a “small snippet” of Clark’s offensive comments.
Penguin responded by saying it was “appalled” by Clark’s “unacceptable behaviour” and noting that they would not be working with him in the future. They had no additional contracts with Clark beyond the two books already published.
- Jane on Exquisite holiday creations
- Sand9 on Roast Figs, Sugar Snow: Food to Warm the Soul + Tote Bag Giveaway
- lollipop123 on Of Cabbages & Kimchi Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Gohan: Everyday Japanese Cooking Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Pasta et Al Cookbook Giveaway
- CatTheCook on All about the Bundt and Extract Making Giveaway
- CatTheCook on The German Baking Book Cookbook Giveaway
- Janesfilms on Maman & Me Cookbook Giveaway & Quick Bites
- Janesfilms on The German Baking Book Cookbook Giveaway
- sheridarby on Of Cabbages & Kimchi Cookbook Giveaway