June 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club SummaryMay 17, 2022 by Jenny
As our members know, each month we offer several cooking options in our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club. There are other fun cookbook clubs around the interwebs and we’d like to highlight those for those members who might want to cook or bake something other than our choices.
We want to get this information out to you so you can prepare and will update when we have any further details. If you have updates or information about any online cookbook clubs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with those details. Thank you.
I will be updating as clubs make their June announcements.
- Cookbooks: I Dream of Dinner (So You Don’t Have To): Low-Effort, High-Reward Recipes by Ali Slagle – online recipes – or – any recipe from Emiko Davies – cookbooks or online recipes.
- Baking: Mooncakes and Milk Bread: Sweet and Savory Recipes Inspired by Chinese Bakeries by Kristina Cho – online recipes
- Online: Leite’s Culinaria
2022 Year Long Options:
- Cookbook: The Essential New York Times Cookbook: Tenth Anniversary Edition: The Recipes of Record by Amanda Hesser – or – the original The Essential New York Times Cookbook
- Baking: Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere by Dorie Greenspan
- Vegan: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
- Online: Any New York Times or Dorie Greenspan recipe
Each month Dorie will post a new baking project. She’ll give us all the recipes we need to get started and a place where we can talk about them – Playing Around // xoxoDorie Facebook group.
- June 2022: The Nutmeg Trail: A Culinary Journey Along the Ancient Spice Route by Eleanor Ford
Find out more about this digital cookbook club here.
- See details for new classes added, but no cookbook club.
Hardcover Cook has launched a new cookbook club on Facebook and the titles are the books featured in their Spring boxes.
Summer 2022 will feature:
- Nistisima: The Traditional Vegan Way of Eating from the Mediterranean and Beyond by Georgina Hayden
- I Dream of Dinner (So You Don’t Have To): Low-Effort, High-Reward Recipes by Ali Slagle
- Mi Cocina: Recipes and Rapture from My Kitchen in Mexico by Rick Martinez
- Snackable Bakes: 100 Easy-Peasy Recipes for Exceptionally Scrumptious Sweets and Treats by Jessie Sheehan
- For more details about the group, see Hardcover Cook’s Cookbook Club page.
Be sure to check out the site for all the great ingredients each of these boxes will share will be available soon. See Hardcover Cook’s other cookbook and ingredient bundles and see this page for more information on the subscription service.
Rainyday Bites – Deborah Balint – Instagram’s first cookbook club
- June 2022 – Mi Cocina: Recipes and Rapture from My Kitchen in Mexico by Rick Martinez
- May & June baking book – Mooncakes and Milk Bread: Sweet and Savory Recipes Inspired by Chinese Bakeries by Kristina Cho
- Bonus 2022 Baking: The Cake Book: 60 Delightful Baked Goods For Any Kind of Celebration by Rebecca Firth
- Member pick: Ripe Figs: Recipes and Stories from Turkey, Greece, and Cyprus by Yasmin Khan
- Admin pick: Any previously covered titles
- Jun/July: My America: Recipes from a Young Black Chef by Kwame Onwuachi and Joshua David Stein
- June: Sweeter Off the Vine: Fruit Desserts for Every Season by Yossy Arefi
- Bonus Book 2022 – all year: Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple by Dorie Greenspan
- June: Cook Real Hawai’i by Sheldon Simeon
- Bonus Book – 2022: Grains for Every Season: Rethinking Our Way with Grains by Joshua McFadden and Martha Holmberg
- June 2022: Chaat: Recipes from the Kitchens, Markets, and Railways of India by Maneet Chauhan and Jody Eddy
- Please check GCCC’s Instagram as difficult for me to determine what is being covered. (It appears that they are covering all titles from 2021 and adding new books every week but I am not sure.
Club de cuisine Française 2022: Maman: The Cookbook: All-Day Recipes to Warm Your Heart by Elisa Marshall, Benjamin Sormonte and Lauren Salkeld
- Get Cooking Cookbook Club – an Instagram cookbook club. To participate tag your photos with #getcookingcookbookclub and follow the co-hosts Bebe and Steph at Champagne & Cookies and A Whisk and a Spoon respectively on Instagram.
Salt & Spine is the leading podcast focused on telling the stories behind cookbooks through in-depth, in-person interviews with compelling authors. The Salt + Spine Cookbook Club is now on a seasonal schedule – they will feature one author each season and cook along with them in a Virtual Dinner Party.
Food and Connection Reading Series – 7-8:30 pm
Jun 14 – Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking: A Memoir of Food and Longing by Anya Von Bremzen
Jun 28 – The Supper of the Lamb by Robert Farrar Capon
Jul 12 – What We Hunger For edited by Sun Yung Shin
Jul 28 – Crying in H Mart: A Memoir by Michelle Zauner
- June 2022: Mabu Mabu: An Australian Kitchen Cookbook: Help Yourself by Nornie Bero
- July 2022: Home and The Cook’s Companion by Stephanie Alexander
- 2022 Year Long Cookbook: Everything I Love to Cook by Neil Perry
- June 2022: Ciudad de Mexico: Recipes and Stories from the Heart of Mexico City by Edson Diaz Fuentes
June 2022 – Two books this month:
- One Pan Perfect: Fast Fresh No-Fuss Deliciousness by Donna Hay
- Ottolenghi Flavour / Flavor by Yotam Ottolenghi and Ixta Belfrage and Tara Wigley
To find out more information, please see this post.
Every Tuesday, EYB Member, Lisa has a Milk Street Kitchen cookalong on her Cook Like I Mean It Instagram. Any MSK recipe is fair game just tag your posts #milkstreetcookalong. For more information see this reel.
From Hardcover Cook: “Claudia Prieto-Piastro is a Mexican food anthropologist living in London. Her cookbook club focuses on recovering recipes, books, authors and cuisines that have been forgotten by social media because they do not have pictures or enough marketing. Every month there is a “theme” rather than one book.”
Post to Instagram using hashtag #forgottenrecipescookbookclub and also tag moderator, @piastromexicankitchen.
Skordo (Greek for garlic) is a family owned business with two shops, one in Portland and another in Freeport, Maine. I am a frequent buyer of their spices and products. Their items are packed with care and once you tear into a box you are enveloped by a world of aromas and culinary possibilities.
Each month this group will feature a cookbook and invite members to cook along with readers and members of The Dish team to try new recipes, learn new skills and be in with a chance of winning some great prizes along the way. In this group, you’re encouraged to share your photos, tips and recipe tweaks. Journalists from The Sunday Times, authors and experts will be taking part from time to time, and your comments and photos could be featured in our publications.
Updated: other clubs I’ve located:
- Adelaide Cookbook Club (local club that meets)
- Berlin Cookbook Club (meet up)
- Magnolia Table Cookbook Club
- Wit and Delight (to learn more about this club you need to sign up here)
- Virtual Cooking Club (to learn more about this club you need to sign up here)
- The Mary Berry Cookbook Club – this is a cookbook club on Facebook run by Mary Berry’s team which focuses on the author’s recipes.
- angiejackson on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- kennethjohngilmour on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- CatsintheKitchen on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- CatsintheKitchen on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Pamyoungvb on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Radu321 on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- virjeania on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Skamper on Sometimes the best things come in small packages