This week: EYB Features, The Art of Eating prize, Fortnum & Mason Food Awards; recipes, giveaways and EYBD PreviewsMay 13, 2022 by Jenny
Last week, Jane announced that the search of your own Notes feature was live. Be sure to visit this post to learn more: Search your own Notes.
This week we want to remind our members about our Bookmarklet feature. Whenever you see a recipe on a food website that you like the look of, you can add it to your Bookshelf using the EYB Bookmarklet. Below we have shared instructions – most importantly make sure you add all the appropriate ingredients to the form – some members are adding a single ingredient! In order to avoid delays in Bookmarklet submissions, please refer to the indexing guidelines, so they’ll be speedily approved.
- Go to your Home Page. Drag the Bookmarklet and drop it on to your favorites bar. To drag it you need to left click on the widget, hold the click down then move it to the bookmarks bar.
- Depending on your browser type, it may look slightly different. If you cannot see the Bookmarklet on the Home page it may be that your screen size setting has excluded it. Try resetting the zoom to 100%. Whenever you see a recipe on a food website that you want to add to your Bookshelf, just click on the Bookmarklet and the EYB recipe index form will pop up. Make sure you are signed in to EYB before you do this.
Please also remember that the EYB Library is for cookbooks and food/drink related titles only. Any other titles are filtered and not imported.
The last week on Eat Your Books
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Fortnum & Mason Food Awards 2022
- The Art of Eating Prize for 2022
- When you lose a favorite recipe
- Explore the sweet-sour punch of tamarind
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway (Worldwide)
- Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway (US/UK/CA)
- May 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary
- Cookbook deals are frequently updated so check that post often for new sales including our updated Australian section (the ICYMI post explains the post in detail) – please note the addition of LeCreuset specials.
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks (updated with more exciting titles).
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers are working hard indexing titles, both new and old. Below are just a few highlighted titles. A reminder: newly indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library and your Bookshelf so you will always know which titles have just been indexed. Recent indexed magazines can be found here. For information on member indexing, please see this roundup with more details.
- Postal Bakes / Sweet Deliveries: Over 60 Cakes, Cookies and Other Treats to Send by Mail by Lucy Barton
- Fast Feasts: Quick, Easy Recipes with a Middle-Eastern Twist by John Gregory-Smith
- Hearth & Home: Cook, Share, and Celebrate Family-Style by Lynn Crawford and Lora Kirk
- The Children’s Jewish Holiday Kitchen: 70 Fun Recipes for You and Your Kids by Joan Nathan
- Chocolate Passion: Recipes and Inspiration from the Kitchens of Chocolatier Magazine by Tish Boyle and Timothy Moriarty
- My Kitchen Table: 100 Recipes for Entertaining by Raymond Blanc
- Faye Levy’s International Jewish Cookbook: Over 250 New and Traditional Recipes for Holidays and Every Day by Faye Levy
- Green Fire: Extraordinary Ways to Grill Fruits and Vegetables, from the Master of Live-Fire Cooking by Francis Mallmann
- Mary Berry Cooks Up A Feast / Entertaining with Mary Berry: My Favourite Recipes for Occasions and Celebrations by Mary Berry and Lucy Young
- Cooking with Plant-Based Meat: 75 Satisfying Recipes Using Next-Generation Meat Alternatives by America’s Test Kitchen
- The Last Bite: A Whole New Approach to Making Desserts Through the Year by Anna Higham
- Curry Everyday: Over 100 Simple Vegetarian Recipes from Jaipur to Japan by Atul Kochhar
Member Photo of the Week
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Add Leite’s Culinaria to your bookshelf for an additional 4,347 recipes
Recently, we uploaded our 1,338th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages are available including the titles below.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and 6 recipes from Celebrate with Babs: Holiday Recipes & Family Traditions by Barbara Costello – Published Apr 12th, 2022
- 3 recipes from Great Scoops: Recipes from a Neighborhood Ice Cream Shop by Marlene Haley and Amelia Ryan – Published May 3rd, 2022
- A selection of pages and 3 recipes from Bras, the Tastes of Aubrac by Sébastien Bras – Pub date Sep 28th, 2022
- 5 recipes from Lebanese Cuisine: The Authentic Cookbook by Samira Kazan – Pub date Jul 26th, 2022
Click on the Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our worldwide giveaway to win one of two copies of The Forest Feast Road Trip: Simple Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by My Travels through California by Erin Gleeson. Contest ends June 1st, 2022
- Enter our worldwide giveaway to win a copy of The Wok: Recipes and Techniques by J. Kenji López-Alt. Contest ends June 5th, 2022
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways including those open worldwide and to other regions.
- sir_ken_g on Everything’s coming up ube
- coryphaeus on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- coryphaeus on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway