Get ready for SuperBowl SundayFebruary 5, 2022 by Darcie
In just over a week, the larges sporting event in the United States will take place at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, as the Cincinnati Bengals face off against the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LVI. Not only is Super Bowl Sunday an important day for sports fans, it’s also the second biggest food event in the nation behind Thanksgiving. Watching the game with friends is a longstanding tradition, as is enjoying a slew of snacks and adult beverages.
While people outside the US might be confused about a game called football that mostly involves the players’ hands, perhaps they can appreciate the delicious party foods eaten at viewing parties across the country. Over 1.3 billion chicken wings will be devoured on game day, along with foods like pizza, nachos, chili, and potato chips.
Even those who don’t watch the sport have Super Bowl parties because it’s the perfect excuse for gathering with friends, eating high-calorie foods, and imbibing a few cocktails. To make sure your cooking game is up to the task for any Super Bowl celebration, visit the EYB Library to find the perfect appetizers and snacks. Here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling:
- Spicy cauliflower wings from Food Network Magazine
- Pan-fried onion dip from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
- Devils on horseback from Waitrose Food Magazine
- Cocktail sausages from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson
- Classic cheese and charcuterie board from Leite’s Culinaria (pictured)
- Pimiento cheese-stuffed mini bell peppers from EatingWell Magazine
- Really good oven-fried buffalo wings from Serious Eats
- Party magnet cheese ball from Deep Run Roots by Vivian Howard
- krnries on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- TeresaRenee on Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- leknit on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- lils74 on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- kezbabybabe on What’s the best cookbook holder?
- PhillipJD on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- acecil on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway