The last few weeks: Magnolia Network, 2022 cookbooks, giveaways, previews and moreJanuary 7, 2022 by Jenny
Happy 2022! This week’s roundup will share posts and information since our last roundup on December 17th.
The Magnolia Network announced that the popular Waco couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, will officially rebrand the DIY television network on Jan. 5. Viewers will be able to “experience everything Magnolia” in one place. The great news about this is that now we can watch episodes of Zoë Bakes and other shows such as Erin French’s The Lost Kitchen without paying for another streaming service. Check your local cable listings – I already have my DVR set.
I realize the dust hasn’t settled on 2021 but I am so excited for the cookbooks being released in this year. Recently, I updated our preview post with books coming from Erin Jeanne McDowell Savory Baking (Harvest, an imprint of Harper Collins/Mariner Books will be releasing Erin’s book as well as others); Food52 Food52 Simply Genius, Samantha & Samuel Clark Moro Easy, Edd Kimber Small Batch Bakes, Karen Martini Cook: Your Friend in the Kitchen, Ixta Belfrage (of Ottolenghi fame) Mezcla: Recipes to Excite, Naomi Duguid The Joy of Salt, Esteban Castillo Chicano Bakes, Maori Murota Cuisine Japonaise, Nicole Presley Flantastic!: Mexican Desserts, Odette Williams Simple Pasta and Danny Bowein Mission Vegan. I hope that this year will be a smoother one for publishers and authors. The last two years were rough with so many book publication dates changing.
The last few weeks on the blog
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- January resolution: cook what you like
- Tips for a great ‘dry January’
- The enduring appeal of the Bundt pan
- Comfort foods for the new year
- New Year’s food resolutions
- Ring in the new year with a tasty tradition
- Kitchen tool countdown
- Cookbooks continue to be bright spot for publishers
- Christmas dessert ideas
- Best cooking hacks of 2021
- Best recipes of 2021, part deux
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Jane has published her annual best lists:
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Tarkari – Cookbook Giveaway (worldwide)
- Upper Crust and Emile Henry Epi bread baker giveaway & Quick Bites with Marie-Laure Frechet (US)
- Sugar, I Love You – Cookbook Giveaway (US/UK)
- December 2021 EYB Cookbook Club Summary
- December 2021 New Cookbook Review
- January 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club Summary (updated to include a new group by Hardcover Cook and Jamie Oliver’s January pick)
- Looking forward to 2022 cookbooks (updated)
Please be sure to check our Calendar for updated events including the new series of Bake from Scratch classes at Williams-Sonoma (note this coming Monday, Jan 10th class with Dorie Greenspan) and Rick Rodgers’ new baking classes that look amazing!
Our cookbook deals post is frequently updated so check that post often for new sales (the ICYMI post explains the post in detail). My Instagram is thecookbookjunkies.
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
Our team of member and pro indexers are working hard indexing titles, both new and old. Below are just a few highlights. A reminder: newly indexed titles will always show up at the top of the EYB Library and your Bookshelf so you will always know which titles have just been indexed. Recent indexed magazines can be found here.
- Cook Well, Eat Well by Rory O’Connell
- Simple Spice Vegetarian by Cyrus Todiwala
- Comfort MOB by Ben Lebus
- Seasonal Baking by Fiona Cairns
- Mary Berry: Love to Cook by Mary Berry
- The Gentle Art of Preserving by Katie and Giancarlo Caldesi
- Gino’s Italian Family Adventure by Gino D’Acampo
- The Red Boat Fish Sauce Cookbook by Cuong Pham, Tien Nguyen and Diep Tran
- The Milk Street Cookbook (2017-2022), Fifth Anniversary Edition by Christopher Kimball
- Healthy Air Fryer: 75 Feel-Good Recipes. Any Meal. Any Air Fryer. by America’s Test Kitchen
- Sweet Home Café Cookbook: A Celebration of African American Cooking by NMAAHC
- The Native Mexican Kitchen by Rachel Glueck and Noel Morales
- Skinnytaste Air Fryer Dinners by Gina Homolka and Heather K. Jones R.D.
- The Baker’s Four Seasons by Marcy Goldman
- Araxi: Seasonal Recipes from the Celebrated Whistler Restaurant by James Walt
- Fix It with Food: Every Meal Easy by Michael Symon
- Bakerita by Rachel Conners
- Betty Crocker: The Big Book of Cupcakes by Betty Crocker
- Nick Stellino’s Glorious Italian Cooking by Nick Stellino
- The Ultimate Soup Bible by Anne Sheasby
- Martin Yan’s Asia by Martin Yan
Member Photo of the Week
Veggie burgers from The Weekday Vegetarians: 100 Recipes and a Real-Life Plan for Eating Less Meat (page 120) by Jenny Rosenstrach submitted by member Nkrieda78
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Dark chocolate, tahini, and halva brioche babka from www.seedandmill.com by Erin Clarkson
Recently we uploaded our 1,213th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks.
Learn more about EYBDigital Previews.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- A selection of pages and 2 complete recipes from The Little Chocolate Cookbook by Sue Quinn – pub date Feb 1st, 2022
- A selection of pages and 4 recipes from Salad: 100 Recipes for Simple Salads & Dressings by Janneke Philippi – pub date Feb 15th, 2022
- 3 recipes from The One-Bowl Baker: Easy, Unfussy Recipes for Decadent Cakes, Brownies, Cookies, and Breads by Stephanie Simmons – pub date Feb 15th, 2022
- A selection of pages and 8 recipes from Foolproof Fish: 60 Delicious Dishes to Make at Home by Libby Silbermann – pub date Feb 15th, 2022
Click on the Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our US/UK/AU/NZ giveaway to win one of three copies of Sambal Shiok: The Malaysian Cookbook by Mandy Yin. Contest expires Jan 14th, 2022.
- Enter our US/CA giveaway to win one of three copies of The Modern Larder by Michelle McKenzie with one grand prize winner in the US also receiving a Veritable Garden. Contest expires Jan 16th, 2022.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways including those open worldwide and to other regions.
- All Posts (6193)
- Antipasto (1796)
- Author Articles (237)
- Book News (894)
- Cookbook Giveaways (880)
- Cookbook Lovers (242)
- Cooking Tips (89)
- Culinary News (289)
- Food Biz People (517)
- Food Online (719)
- Holidays & Celebrations (236)
- New Cookbooks (127)
- Recipes (1356)
- Shelf Life With Susie (231)
- What's New on EYB (121)
- sarahteertzah on Cookbook Giveaway: Baking by Feel
- rkosully on Cookbook Giveaway: RecipeTin Eats & Emile Henry oven; Quick Bites
- GiselleMarie on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- dnortje31 on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- cellenly on Cookbook/prize package giveaway: My Vermont Table
- cellenly on Cookbook Giveaway: The Kids Book of Challah
- tmjellicoe on Too many (celebrity) cooks in the (TV) kitchen
- roxlet on Cookbook Giveaway: RecipeTin Eats & Emile Henry oven; Quick Bites
- michalow on Giveaway: Hoppers: The Cookbook
- michalow on Cookbook Giveaway: On the Curry Trail & an Emile Henry stew pot