January 2022 Great Big Cookbook Club SummaryDecember 16, 2021 by Jenny
As our members know, each month we offer several cooking options in our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club. There are other fun cookbook clubs around the interwebs and we’d like to highlight those for those members who might want to cook or bake something other than our choices.
We want to get this information out to you so you can prepare and will update when we have any further details. If you have updates or information about any online cookbook clubs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with those details. Thank you.
Eat Your Books Cookbook Club January Selections
- Cookbook: A Cook’s Book: The Essential Nigel Slater by Nigel Slater
- Classic Title: The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen with Nigel Slater by Nigel Slater
- Baking: The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: Favorite Recipes from BreadIn5 by Jeff Hertzberg M.D. and Zoë François
- Online: Any Nigel Slater recipe
2022 Year Long Options:
- Cookbook: The Essential New York Times Cookbook: Tenth Anniversary Edition: The Recipes of Record by Amanda Hesser – or – the original The Essential New York Times Cookbook
- Baking: Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere by Dorie Greenspan
- Vegan: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
- Online: Any New York Times or Dorie Greenspan recipe
- January 2022 – Throwback month – cooking from all the previously covered books. See list here.
Borough Market Digital Cookbook Club
Find out more about this digital cookbook club here.
Scrumptious Reads – Brisbane, Australia
Hardcover Cook has launched a new cookbook club on Facebook and their selections for January and February 2022 are the books covered in their winter subscription boxes as set out below:
- Omnivore Box: Grist: A Practical Guide to Cooking Grains, Beans, Seeds, and Legumes by Abra Berens
- Essentials Box: Ottolenghi Test Kitchen: Shelf Love by Yotam Ottolenghi
- Vegetarian: Mumbai Modern: Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by Indian Roots and California Cuisine by Amisha Gurbani
- Baking: Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple by Dorie Greenspan
Be sure to check out the site for all the great ingredients each of these boxes will share will be available soon. See Hardcover Cook’s other cookbook and ingredient bundles and see this page for more information on the subscription service.
Rainyday Bites – Deborah Balint – Instagram’s first cookbook club
- January 2022: Italian American: Red Sauce Classics and New Essentials: A Cookbook by Angie Rito, Scott Tacinelli and Jamie Feldmar
- February 2022: Carpathia: Food from the Heart of Romania by Irina Georgescu
- January and February 2022 Baking: Life Is What You Bake It by Vallery Lomas
- Bonus 2022 Baking: The Cake Book: 60 Delightful Baked Goods For Any Kind of Celebration by Rebecca Firth
- Member Pick: Fast Food My Way by Jacques Pépin (or any other Pepin cookbooks)
- Admin Pick: Any previously covered titles
- Member pick: Cravings: All Together: Recipes to Love by Chrissy Teigen (or any other Cravings books)
- Admin pick: Brunch at Bobby’s: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend by Bobby Flay
- Member pick: Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season by Christopher Kimball (or any other Milk Street recipes either in books or via their website)
- Admin pick: Falastin: A Cookbook by Sami Tamimi
- Member pick: Cook with Me: More Than 150 Recipes for the Home Cook by Alex Guarnaschelli
- Admin pick: Cooking at Home: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Recipes (And Love My Microwave) by David Chang
- Member pick: The Essential New York Times Cookbook by Amanda Hesser
- Admin pick: In Bibi’s Kitchen by Hawa Hassan
- Member pick: Ripe Figs: Recipes and Stories from Turkey, Greece, and Cyprus by Yasmin Khan
- Admin pick: Any previously covered titles
- December/January – The Latin American Cookbook by Virgilio Martinez
- February/March – Mooncakes and Milk Bread: Sweet and Savory Recipes Inspired by Chinese Bakeries by Kristina Cho
- January: Mooncakes and Milk Bread: Sweet and Savory Recipes Inspired by Chinese Bakeries by Kristina Cho
- Bonus Book 2022 – all year: Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple by Dorie Greenspan
- January: The Weekday Vegetarians: 100 Recipes and a Real-Life Plan for Eating Less Meat by Jenny Rosenstrach
- Bonus Book – 2022: Grains for Every Season: Rethinking Our Way with Grains by Joshua McFadden and Martha Holmberg
- January 2022: The Korean Vegan Cookbook: Reflections and Recipes from Omma’s Kitchen by Joanne Lee Molinaro
- January 2022 – Colombiana: A Rediscovery of Recipes and Rituals from the Soul of Colombia by Mariana Velásquez
- Baking – Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple by Dorie Greenspan
*please check GCCC’s Instagram as difficult for me to determine what is being covered when – same for Club de cuisine Française
- Get Cooking Cookbook Club – an Instagram cookbook club. To participate tag your photos with #getcookingcookbookclub and follow the co-hosts Bebe and Steph at Champagne & Cookies and A Whisk and a Spoon respectively on Instagram.
Salt & Spine is the leading podcast focused on telling the stories behind cookbooks through in-depth, in-person interviews with compelling authors. The Salt + Spine Cookbook Club is now on a seasonal schedule – they will feature one author each season and cook along with them in a Virtual Dinner Party.
Kitchen Arts & Letters – 92nd Street Y
February 1, 15, and March 1, 15 from 7-8:30 pm ET.
Cookbook Club – Off the Beaten Path featuring the following titles:
- Portuguese Home Cooking by Ana Patuleia Ortins
- Amber & Rye: A Baltic Food Journey: Estonia • Latvia • Lithuania by Zuza Zak
- Taste of Persia: A Cook’s Travels Through Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, and Kurdistan by Naomi Duguid
- Japanese Farm Food by Nancy Singleton Hachisu
Lambs’ Ears Cookbook Club
This club is a Facebook online group focusing on books popular in Australia. Started by the blogger behind Lambs’ Ears & Honey.
- January 2022: One Pan Perfect: Fast Fresh No-Fuss Deliciousness by Donna Hay
- February 2022: Bella: My Life in Food: Includes 60 Recipes that Annabel Lives By by Annabel Langbein
2022 Year Long Cookbook: Everything I Love to Cook by Neil Perry
Jamie Oliver’s Cookbook Club
- January 2022: Mississippi Vegan: Recipes and Stories from a Southern Boy’s Heart by Timothy Pakron
Every Tuesday, EYB Member, Lisa has a Milk Street Kitchen cookalong on her Cook Like I Mean It Instagram. Any MSK recipe is fair game just tag your posts #milkstreetcookalong. For more information see this reel.
FORGOTTEN RECIPES COOKBOOK CLUB
From Hardcover Cook: “Claudia Prieto-Piastro is a Mexican food anthropologist living in London. Her cookbook club focuses on recovering recipes, books, authors and cuisines that have been forgotten by social media because they do not have pictures or enough marketing. Every month there is a “theme” rather than one book.”
Post to Instagram using hashtag #forgottenrecipescookbookclub and also tag moderator, @piastromexicankitchen.
Skordo (Greek for garlic) is a family owned business with two shops, one in Portland and another in Freeport, Maine. I am a frequent buyer of their spices and products. Their items are packed with care and once you tear into a box you are enveloped by a world of aromas and culinary possibilities.
The Sunday Times Cookbook Club
Each month this group will feature a cookbook and invite members to cook along with readers and members of The Dish team to try new recipes, learn new skills and be in with a chance of winning some great prizes along the way. In this group, you’re encouraged to share your photos, tips and recipe tweaks. Journalists from The Sunday Times, authors and experts will be taking part from time to time, and your comments and photos could be featured in our publications.
Stained Page News Cookbook Club – for more information visit here.
Updated: other clubs I’ve located:
- Adelaide Cookbook Club (local club that meets)
- Berlin Cookbook Club (meet up)
- Magnolia Table Cookbook Club
- Wit and Delight (to learn more about this club you need to sign up here)
- Virtual Cooking Club (to learn more about this club you need to sign up here)
- The Mary Berry Cookbook Club – this is a cookbook club on Facebook run by Mary Berry’s team which focuses on the author’s recipes.
- All Posts (6269)
- Antipasto (1828)
- Author Articles (238)
- Book News (897)
- Cookbook Giveaways (891)
- Cookbook Lovers (246)
- Cooking Tips (90)
- Culinary News (289)
- Food Biz People (523)
- Food Online (725)
- Holidays & Celebrations (239)
- New Cookbooks (129)
- Recipes (1374)
- Shelf Life With Susie (231)
- What's New on EYB (122)
- Rella on All things cookbook care, management and organizational roundup
- rstuart on Cookbook Giveaway: Dark Rye & Honey Cake
- Rella on The ebb and flow of ingredients
- silversand on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- rstuart on Cookbook Giveaway: Everyday Grand
- Rella on Finally some good news about food prices
- rstuart on Cookbook Giveaway: Sweet Enough – Alison Roman
- debbiehb on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- rstuart on Cookbook Giveaway: Cake & Loaf Gatherings
- agonzcooks84 on Cookbook & Prize Package Giveaway: Italy on a Plate