Bittman talks to José AndrésSeptember 29, 2021 by Darcie
In the first episode of Season 2 of his podcast Food with Mark Bittman, the food writer talks with chef-cum-humanitarian José Andrés. The episode starts with a recounting of Bittman’s favorite Andrés recipe, one that involves Santorini lentils, before he begins the interview.
The ever ebullient chef talked with Bittman for nearly an hour on a number of subjects, including how the pandemic has changed him. He says that after he lost weight during the pandemic (lucky him), he is more conscious of the role that restaurants play in healthy eating and is changing the way his restaurants operate in response to this realization. The discussion shifted to focus on World Central Kitchen, the nonprofit that Andrés started in 2010 following the devastating Haitian earthquake. WCK is going strong and still providing meals for communities facing disaster, most recently in LaPalma in the Canary Islands.
Bittman also teases upcoming episodes in his intro – we learn that later this season he will talk with Stanley Tucci, David Sedaris, the folks from Gastro Obscura, Mayukh Sen, Bryant Terry, a Congresswoman, and about his upcoming book Bittman Bread (Nov 9th), among a slew of others. He says he is also moving to a live Q & A format in the podcast.
- matag on This week: When good cookbooks do bad things; EYBD Previews of upcoming releases; recipes; and more
- greentoad on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- greentoad on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- hawaiieat on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- hawaiieat on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- hawaiieat on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- pfgarden on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- reader1trees on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- reader1trees on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Su2cool on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway