This week: Modernist Pizza – October 2021, upcoming Phaidon cookbooks, recipes, cookbook giveaways and EYBD PreviewsMay 21, 2021 by Jenny
Exciting cookbook news this week. Modernist Pizza will be released this October. I have been sitting on my fingers to avoid sharing the news until I received the okay. I had added the book to our Library about a week ago but knew it was coming long before. The anxiety of not publishing the announcement nearly did me in. I’m like the Perez Hilton of cookbook gossip without the snarky element. Find out more about this spectacular collection of recipes here and the various preorder incentives available.
There are loads of exciting cookbook titles set for the remainder of this year which is almost halfway over already! My 2021 Preview post contains a breakdown by month of these titles and is kept updated weekly. Highlights of this year’s Cookbooktober include: Sheet Cake by Abby Dodge; Jane’s Patisserie by Jane Dunn (UK); Ottolenghi Test Kitchen (UK, US, CA); Milk Street Vegetables; Bread Ahead by Matthew Jones (UK); Pasta by Missy Robbins; Grains for Every Season by Joshua McFadden; Baking with Dorie; Your Home Izakaya by Tim Anderson; Acorn: Vegetables Re-Imagined by Shira Blustein (CA); The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum; All Day Baking: Savoury, Not Sweet: Pies, Quiches, Galettes, Tarts, Preserves and More by Pippa and Michael James (AU); One Pan Perfect by Donna Hay (AU); Treats from Little & Friday (NZ) is being reprinted; and Mooncakes and Milk Bread by Kristina Kho. There are so many more that have me biting at the bit in anticipation. I will cover these and more in my Cookbooktober preview post in July.
I also wanted to share some of Phaidon’s spectacular titles coming this fall/autumn – click on the book link below for more information on these books and I’ll provide more information in the preview post along with EYBD Previews:
- The Kitchen Studio: Culinary Creations by Artists by Phaidon editors
- The Latin American Cookbook by Virgilio Martinez
- The Italian Bakery: Step-by-Step Recipes with The Silver Spoon by The Silver Spoon Kitchen
- Septime, La Cave, Clamato, D’une île by Théophile Pourriat, Benoit Cohen and Bertrand Grébaut
- Middle Eastern Sweets by Salma Hage
- Unelaborated Products: Definition and Classification by elBullifoundation and Ferran Adrià
- Slippurinn: Recipes and Stories from Iceland by Gísli Matt
- Cooking for Your Kids: At Home with the World’s Greatest Chefs by Joshua David Stein
Please leave me a comment and tell me which books you are anxiously awaiting.
The last week on the blog
Since our last roundup, Darcie has written these articles:
- Learn about the world of art cookbooks
- Guild of Food Writers announces finalists for 2021 awards
- Christopher Kimball on drinks and more
Darcie’s weekly food news antipasto is shared every Sunday and the tag #foodnews brings up these information-packed posts from the most current to the first one. Darcie can be followed on Instagram at darcie_bakes.
Roberta Muir shares a weekly news post from Australia and New Zealand. Roberta’s articles are tagged AUNZnews which link/tag will bring up all her posts in date order. Roberta can be followed on Instagram at robertamuir.
Since our last roundup, I have posted the following:
- Getaway – Cookbook Giveaway
- June 2021 The Great Big Cookbook Club Roundup (be sure to vote for EYB Cookbook Club selections for July – September here.)
- Modernist Pizza – October 2021 (updated)
- Please be sure to check our Calendar for author and bookstore events.
- And as always I continue to update our Kindle deals post so check the blog for new sales – the ICYMI post explains the Kindle post in detail. I will have loads of giveaways for you over the next month so keep checking the blog and our social media feeds. My Instagram is thecookbookjunkies.
Thanks to our members who used our affiliate links while doing their shopping. The commissions earned help us to index more books, please remember to click here before shopping Amazon USA * Amazon Canada * Amazon UK anytime.
Jenny and the EYB Team
Recently Indexed Titles
- A Pot of Marmalade: The Ultimate Guide by Sarah Randell
- The Art of Jewish Cooking by Jennie Grossinger
- Under the Olive Tree: Recipes from My Greek Kitchen by Irini Tzortzoglou
- Pieometry: Modern Tart Art and Pie Design for the Eye and Palate by Lauren Ko
- Fast Cakes: Easy Bakes in Minutes by Mary Berry
- Vegetable Simple by Eric Ripert
- monk: Light and Shadow on the Philosopher’s Path by Yoshihiro Imai
- How to Cook Indian: More Than 500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Kitchen by Sanjeev Kapoor
- Soups & Stews: Home Cooking from Around the World by Saveur Magazine
- Goat: Cooking and Eating by James Whetlor
- The Rangoon Sisters: Recipes from Our Burmese Family Kitchen by Amy and Emily Chung
- It’s Always Freezer Season: How to Freeze Like a Chef with 100 Make-Ahead Recipes by Ashley Christensen and Kaitlyn Goalen
- Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast by Hank Shaw
- Fish: The Complete Fish and Seafood Companion by Mitchell Tonks
- Good Housekeeping Cookery Book (50th Anniversary Edition): The Cook’s Classic Companion by Good Housekeeping Institute
- La Parilla: The Mexican Grill by Reed Hearon
- Zaika: Vegan Recipes from India by Romy Gill
Member Photo of the Week
Easy almond cake from How To Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking by Nigella Lawson submitted by member elana.lepkowski
Have you uploaded any of your own photos yet? Learn more! Please remember to update your profile with your Instagram name if you would like to be tagged in any photos that we share!
Featured Online Recipe
Recently we uploaded our 1,012th EYBDigital Preview where a selection of full sample pages is available for the following cookbooks.
Note: To learn why you cannot add all EYBDigital Preview recipes to your Bookshelf, please read this Help page.
- 6 recipes from It’s Not Complicated: Simple Recipes for Every Day by Katie Lee
- 4 recipes from Cook Real Hawai’i by Sheldon Simeon and Garrett Snyder
- 3 recipes from New-School Sweets: Old-School Pastries with an Insanely Delicious Twist by Vinesh Johny and Andres Lara pub date 6/1/2021
- A selection of pages and 6 recipes The Pasta Man: The Art of Making Spectacular Pasta with 40 Recipes by by Mateo Zilonka – pub 6/1/2021
Click on the Bold Blue Link Below to Enter
- Enter our US/UK/AU/NZ giveaway to win one of three copies of Always Add Lemon: Recipes You Want to Cook, Food You Want to Eat by Danielle Alvarez. Contest expires May 31st, 2021.
- Enter our US giveaway to win one of three copies of Vegetarian Chinese Soul Food: Deliciously Doable Ways to Cook Greens, Tofu, and Other Plant-Based Ingredients by Hsiao-Ching Chou provided by the publisher. EYB is providing one copy worldwide. Contest expires June 2nd, 2021.
- Enter our US/CA giveaway to win one of three copies of Jacques Pépin Quick & Simple by Jacques Pépin. Contest expires June 3rd, 2021.
The cookbook giveaway roundup shares all current giveaways.
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Ya gotta keep ’em separated
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway