Cookies from around the world or around the blockDecember 15, 2020 by Jenny
For a few years, the term procrastibaking has been employed to describe any time someone bakes when they should be doing something else such as working or doing the laundry. Today, I’ve been working on promotions and end of the month posts and my thoughts kept wandering to other fun things I want to do such as decorate the tree (it is so sad and naked) or make cookies (later this week and next week for sure).
I decided the only way to power through was to procrast-i-list by putting together a collection of cookie recipes that I will most likely never get around to baking this season. The list began as a global collection and then as I am wont to do, I saw other fun cookies and decided to add them. “Look a shiny object!” That’s me.
In the evenings after I read, I browse the internet. Last night’s wanderings of the web, brought me to this first recipe. There is something elegantly perfect about this Greek cookie and it seems so simple (as do most of the cookies here) that I may actually make them very soon.
Reindeer antlers (the culprit that started me down the path of fun cookies)
Homemade animal crackers – I think these would be absolutely adorable with some holiday decor – maybe a winter scarf around the giraffe, some mittens on the monkey, an ugly sweater on the elephant.
For more global inspiration and recipes!
- Cookies of the World – Food52
- 60 Cookie Recipes from Around the World
- 100 Most Popular Cookies in the World
- 17 Christmas Cookies from Around the World
- Our 2020 Cookie post
- ‘Tis the Season to be Baking … Flour Everywhere La la la la – loads of links to holiday cookie contest recipes
- Cookie Time – recipes and holiday baking tips – tips, links and more
- Vintage Imperial Sugar – Downloadable Cookbooks – near the bottom of this post is a link to download holiday cookie cookbooks from We Energies.
- angiejackson on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- kennethjohngilmour on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- CatsintheKitchen on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- CatsintheKitchen on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Pamyoungvb on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Radu321 on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- virjeania on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Skamper on Sometimes the best things come in small packages