April 2020 EYB Cookbook Club SummaryApril 23, 2020 by Jenny
We have a helpful community here at Eat Your Books that has flowed into our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club where we share our successes and fails in cooking and baking from specific cookbook titles.
This month we’ve been cooking from the following titles:
- Main Selection: Greenfeast: Spring, Summer or Greenfeast: Autumn, Winter by Nigel Slater
- Baking Selection: Midwest Made: Big, Bold Baking from the Heartland by Shauna Sever
- Online Option: Any Nigel Slater online recipe
- Plant-Based Option: Any Deborah Madison cookbook or online recipe.
For past EYB Cookbook Club summaries, #EYBCookbookClub will pull up an archive of our club’s activities. Please note our announcement document shared in the club shares all our options (including those in the past). You will find the options for May-July at the bottom of this post, as well.
In order to provide our members with multiple opportunities to participate, especially during this trying time, I have selected as many member suggestions as possible for the following four months.
I used Shauna’s sweet roll dough recipe from her Five-spice sweet rolls to make my cinnamon pecan version. This dough has to be the best tasting dough I have made to date. I also made The only banana bread you’ll ever need (pictured below). I am going to figure out a way to just make banana bread tops because that crispy topping was to die for.
Chocolate chip marble bundt cake made by member Judy K.
Iced buttery lemon bundt cake made by Darcie
Plant-based option: Deborah Madison
Pasta and chickpeas with plenty of parsley and garlic from Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison’s Kitchen by Deborah Madison submitted by Kimberly
Nigel Slater dishes:
Sticky chicken thighs with lemon and honey from BBC Food by Nigel Slater
A frosted marmalade cake fromThe Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen with Nigel Slater by Nigel Slater made by Alicia
There are many other photographs in the group!
- Main Selection: Cool Beans: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking with the World’s Most Versatile Plant-Based Protein, with 125 Recipes by Joe Yonan
- Baking Selection: Flour Water Salt Yeast: The Fundamentals of Artisan Bread and Pizza by Ken Forkish
- Online Option: Joe Yonan online
- Plant-based Option: Any recipes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- Main Selection: Dinner in French: My Recipes by Way of France by Melissa Clark or Open Kitchen: Inspired Food for Casual Gatherings by Susan Spungen
- Baking Selection: Bake from Scratch, Volume 4: Artisan Recipes for the Home Baker
- Online Option: Melissa Clark online or Susan Spungen online
- Plant-based Option: Any recipes from Mollie Katzen
- Main Selection: Falastin: A Cookbook by Sami Tamimi or See You on Sunday: A Cookbook for Family and Friends by Sam Sifton
- Baking Selection: Any recipes from Alice Medrich
- Online Option: Sami Tamimi online, Alice Medrich online, Sam Sifton online
- Plant-based Option: Any recipes from Angela Liddon (Oh She Glows)
- kmwyman on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- dbielick on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- jd5761 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- jd5761 on Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites
- Tattybatts on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- SheenaBatey on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway