December 2019 EYB Cookbook Club SummaryDecember 20, 2019 by Jenny
We have a helpful community here at Eat Your Books that has flowed into our Eat Your Books Cookbook Club and Sweet Eat Your Books Cookbook Club, places where we share our successes and fails in cooking and baking from specific cookbook titles.
This month we’ve been cooking from the following titles:
- Main Selection: Milk Street – The New Rules or The Way to Cook by Julia Child
- Online option: Milk Street
- Baking: The Last Course by Claudia Fleming and share any of your holiday baking
For past EYB Cookbook Club summaries, #EYBCookbookClub will pull up an archive of our club’s activities.
This month’s summary is a bit early due to the holidays in order to make the newsletter. There are many other photographs in the group and I’m sure more to come!
Look for a poll in the group shortly before January 1st for voting options for February through May 2020.
Lisa S made the Turkish poached eggs with garlicky yogurt from Milk Street Kitchen – online shared on Instagram
Member hbakke made the Butternut squash and feta with toasted pearl couscous
Stir-fried garlic beef with scallions made by Jane
Emily R made the Raspberry-lemon verbena meringue cake from The Last Course
A few of us made the Chocolate caramel tarts from The Last Course. My photo is above.
Darcie made the Gingerbread tiles this month from Sweet.
January 2020 selections
- agreaves19 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- emi10383 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Dendav on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Nanaree04 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Spud13 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- Sand9 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- jenlhawes on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LoBlom on Food news antipasto
- PhillipJD on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bookmark58 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway