The Jewish Cookbook – Cookbook GiveawayDecember 10, 2019 by Jenny
Enter to win a copy of The Jewish Cookbook by Leah Koenig in our giveaway below open to US, CA, AU and UK members. Please note: Eat Your Book members receive 30% off Phaidon titles when using the link provided.
The Jewish Cookbook is an inspiring celebration of the diversity and breadth of Jewish food. This true fusion cuisine evolves constantly to reflect the changing geographies and ingredients of its cooks. Featured are more than 400 home-cooking recipes for everyday and holiday foods from the Middle East to the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Renowned chefs that include notables such as Yotam Ottolenghi, Michael Solomonov, and Alex Raij share their modern recipes as well.
From shaping bourekas, crafting picture-perfect rugelach and challah, to creating a Pear and prune kugel, the author who has written a number of cookbooks, covers it all. This definitive compendium of Jewish cuisine introduces readers to recipes and culinary traditions from Jewish communities the world over and is perfect for anyone looking to add international tastes to their table.
- Jeweled rice (Morasa polo)
- Yeasted pumpkin bread [Pan de calabaza]
- Baked salmon salad
- Black-eyed pea salad (Salata loubia)
- Beef and paprika goulash
- Lamb and pea soup
- Yemeni oxtail soup [Yotam Ottolenghi, Ottolenghi/Nopi]
- Bialys (Bialystoker kuchen)
- Baltic rye bagel [Laurel Kratochvila, Fine Bagels]
- Adjaruli khachapuri
Thanks to the publisher for providing two copies of the above-referenced title in our giveaway open to EYB Members in the US, UK, CA, and AU. One of the entry options is to answer the following question in the comments section of this blog post.
Which recipe in the index would you try first?
Please note that you must be logged into the Rafflecopter contest before posting or your entry won’t be counted. For more information on this process, please see our step-by-step help post and this forum post. Once you log in and enter your member name you will be directed to the next entry option – the blog comment. After that, there are additional options that you can complete for more entries. Be sure to check your spam filters to receive our email notifications. Prizes can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publishers. If you are not already a Member, you can join at no cost. The contest ends at midnight on February 22nd, 2020.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Lazlo on You can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs
- Emmormous on The Cocktail Cabinet Cookbook Giveaway & Quick Bites
- a1apple on The Tomte Cake and Giveaway
- a1apple on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- Ingridemery on You can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs
- Emmormous on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- pamelajosie on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- salloag on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- mjes on Top food trends of 2022
- bluetigerlily on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites