The Deep End of Flavor – Cookbook GiveawaySeptember 30, 2019 by Jenny
Enter to win a copy of The Deep End of Flavor: Recipes and Stories from New Orleans’ Premier Seafood Chef by Tenney Flynn. This is a must-have title for anyone who loves food, not just seafood.
Chef Tenney Flynn is a co-owner of GW Fins, a New Orleans hot spot for the finest seafood. Flynn is a master of his craft and his passion for all things seafood is unmistakable. He has achieved a national reputation for his stringent seafood approval process at GW Fins, and is, as The Wall Street Journal has stated, “widely acknowledged as the fishmonger czar of the Gulf region.”
The first thirty pages of this beautiful book are devoted to documenting everything we must know to choose and cook seafood perfectly. The recipes are approachable and include far more than seafood dishes. There are entire chapters on sauces and dressings (my favorite), grains, sides and salads, and drinks, desserts, and lagniappe. In Louisiana, it is customary to send home guests with a “little extra” something. Recipes in this chapter include Maple syrup and bourbon pralines and Flynn family Tom Thumb bars along with GW Fins famous bread pudding and other delights.
- Thai coconut-curry seafood soup
- Salmon tartare with hard-boiled eggs, capers, and onion
- Perfect hard-boiled eggs
- Macadamia and peppercorn-crusted swordfish
- Summer succotash
This book is Tenney Flynn’s declaration of love for Louisiana, seafood, as well as a testament to his dedication for feeding and nourishing people. It has me longing to visit his restaurant and New Orleans. The Deep End of Flavor truly leaves the reader with a “little something extra”.
Special thanks to Gibbs Smith for providing the materials for our preview above and for offering three copies of The Deep End of Flavor: Recipes and Stories from New Orleans’ Premier Seafood Chef in our giveaway below.
Thanks to the publisher for providing three copies of the above-referenced title in our giveaway open to EYB Members worldwide. One of the entry options is to answer the following question in the comments section of this blog post.
Which recipe in the index would you try first?
Please note that you must be logged into the Rafflecopter contest before posting or your entry won’t be counted. For more information on this process, please see our step-by-step help post and this forum post. Once you log in and enter your member name you will be directed to the next entry option – the blog comment. After that, there are additional options that you can complete for more entries. Be sure to check your spam filters to receive our email notifications. Prizes can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publishers. If you are not already a Member, you can join at no cost. The contest ends at midnight on December 2nd, 2019.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Jane on Exquisite holiday creations
- Sand9 on Roast Figs, Sugar Snow: Food to Warm the Soul + Tote Bag Giveaway
- lollipop123 on Of Cabbages & Kimchi Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Gohan: Everyday Japanese Cooking Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Pasta et Al Cookbook Giveaway
- CatTheCook on All about the Bundt and Extract Making Giveaway
- CatTheCook on The German Baking Book Cookbook Giveaway
- Janesfilms on Maman & Me Cookbook Giveaway & Quick Bites
- Janesfilms on The German Baking Book Cookbook Giveaway
- sheridarby on Of Cabbages & Kimchi Cookbook Giveaway